Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

jaredstrees

Yeah, that red x was cool. My son told me to make one. course, he wanted me to make one of just about everything he saw!

BillH

I was the guy flying the Mig3 during the final combat contest on Sunday. Was the most fun I ever had with R/C spanning back two decades of experience. He and I were battling it out as the final two. I am not sure what happened? Did he run out of battery?

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
@BillH Congrats on the win and especially for your epiphany! Nothing like a profound personal experience to put a bias in proper perspective.

Was that the Mig 3 that underwent some difficulties during construction?

I was the guy flying the Mig3 during the final combat contest on Sunday. Was the most fun I ever had with R/C spanning back two decades of experience. He and I were battling it out as the final two. I am not sure what happened? Did he run out of battery?

Combat was a blast! I had my skysurfer up in three of the combats. My prop came loose in that last combat and I sailed in to a nice gentle landing(lame). I think the X plane guy said he had done a roll way too close to the ground and just kinda had to land it.

BillH

@BillH Congrats on the win and especially for your epiphany! Nothing like a profound personal experience to put a bias in proper perspective.

Was that the Mig 3 that underwent some difficulties during construction?

I had a couple hang ups, among other things, my cell phone battery depleting while watching the video, beveling the wrong edges, and having to cut a hole in the wing to snake a servo extension past a blob of hot glue. It was a rush job, trying to get it ready for the last combat contest on Saturday, which I missed. I thought it was only going to last one flight. Going to run six packs through it tomorrow, it’s my new favorite flyer.

BillH

Combat was a blast! I had my skysurfer up in three of the combats. My prop came loose in that last combat and I sailed in to a nice gentle landing(lame). I think the X plane guy said he had done a roll way too close to the ground and just kinda had to land it.

At one point I lost orientation near the fence and almost lost it. That was the only real issue about the location, the position of the Sun in relation to flying area was not ideal.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
At one point I lost orientation near the fence and almost lost it. That was the only real issue about the location, the position of the Sun in relation to flying area was not ideal.

Noted, we'll try and move the Sun next time ;)

nwnugget

I had the tickets. What I didn't have was the time or the wife's support in attendance. I hope the event was great and it will be part of the regular Flite Fest rotation.

Batteries were all charged, gear all packed. I just couldn't make it all come together.

So my friend got the ‘X’ plane in one of the combats.. but he was FPV, so I don’t think that should count ��

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I love that video! Does it say something strange about me that I watched it more than once? :confused:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I love that video! Does it say something strange about me that I watched it more than once? :confused:

I have watched it a few times also.

Also thinking of trying to make a few comics from them.

4216 v2.jpg