Flite Fest West 2017 Volunteers

GregC540i

Andre, I signed up to volunteer for Friday of the event but I am also available earlier in the week on Monday April 24th for set up help. Please let me know if you need me on Monday. I can help most of the day. I live about 45-60 minutes away from Vallejo. It's easy to head over.

Thanks,

Greg C

boonejr

Hi Andre I also signed up to volunteer for the event and I am also available earlier in the week - I also made reservations to camp and can arrive (Wednesday afternoon) and stay for the rest of the time. Get back to me or post a thread

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi Andre I also signed up to volunteer for the event and I am also available earlier in the week - I also made reservations to camp and can arrive (Wednesday afternoon) and stay for the rest of the time. Get back to me or post a thread

Great, flagged your name.

Thanks.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Looking For Help

Good morning guys. I have registered as a volunteer and I'm looking forward to being able to help for the FTFF West. However I need help getting there from the airport. Just me and a one bag. Is anyone out there willing to pickup?

desert wings

Foam Fan
Good morning guys. I have registered as a volunteer and I'm looking forward to being able to help for the FTFF West. However I need help getting there from the airport. Just me and a one bag. Is anyone out there willing to pickup?

Day, time, airport?

NTTD

If you fly into SFO you can catch the B.A.R.T. train at the airport and take it to almost half way to the destination. Alternatively you may be able to go to a station which is convenient to someone coming in.
This will likely give you more options for a ride.

Also you can take a bus to B.A.R.T. should you fly into OAK.

xtrmtrk

I'll be driving from Half Moon Bay to Vallejo (going past SFO) Wednesday afternoon. I'd be happy to give you a lift if you're arriving in a time window that works. I'll be going to the Doubletree Hotel near the fair grounds where I'm staying but could drop you off anywhere over there.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
FFW 2017 Volunteer Update 03

FFW.jpg

Hello Flite Fest West Volunteers. Welcome to the first update of March.

To all the newest volunteers, Hi! Are you excited yet?

Things are progressing and I can tell you we now have 50+ volunteers which is super.
As of this morning we have 300 registered pilots. (So if you know any pilots... hint hint hint...)

I've been taking detailed notes and recording everyone's comments.
Over the next few weeks I will be building the initial schedule and discussing with Flite Test what we envision for position requirements. There will be some subtle differences between FF West and FF East but in general the positions/roles will be similar.

As plans/details mature I will be sure to forward them onto you.

If you have any questions as always please feel free to contact me or post to the forum.
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?32083-Flite-Fest-West-2017-Volunteers

Have a great weekend.

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2017 Volunteer Coornidator
http://flitefest.com/

Doom

Hi Andre and hi all you other Flite Fest Volunteers,

I can´t say how excited I am to visit Flite Fest West. Even if it happened by coincidence after all:) I booked this trip to the united states (Birthdaygift from my parents) and afterwards found out, that I´ll be in San Francisco while Flite Fest west is happening. AWESOOOOOOOME!!! I can´t wait to meet all of you and I am also very happy to get the chance to participate.

I also want to take the chance and ask you guys here. I am planning a camping trip from San Francisco through some national parks and forests to Denver to visit my brother who lives there. Since I live in germany, it will be tough to bring all my RC gear. So I am thinkin, is there anybody of you who happens to sell a Flysky 6 channel TX and a receiver?

Looking forward to the show!

@Andre: if you need somebody to do sound, I´m probably your guy:) Other than that, I would love to help out in the build tent:)

See all of you there!!!

ripley

Hi Andre and fellow volunteers,

I'm very excited to attend Flite Fest West as a Volunteer! I'm an Australian who just moved to the US and this will be my first time in San Francisco. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Garen

Liam B

Cool to hear that it's your birthday gift, Doom! My birthday is on the 26th, so Flite Fest is my birthday party, if you will.

Doom

Totally TheStig449. We should party hardy:)

Would you or anybody else have any suggestions to a store selling used camping goods? I´ll bring a tent, a sleeping bag and a stove. The more campstuff I need to bring the less flying stuff I can bring:( Unfortunately they limit your luggage to 23 kilos. They should make exeptions for RC hobbyists. Carryon baggage is already reserved for my phantom 3... it´s a challenge to fit it all in:)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Raise your hand if you are tired of the cold?

Another great reason I'm looking forward to FFW.

NO SNOW!

Doom

ouch, we had a sunny day in Berlin today. Yeah, Andre, there is a lot of reasons to look forward to FFW:)

xtrmtrk

Totally TheStig449. We should party hardy:)

Would you or anybody else have any suggestions to a store selling used camping goods? I´ll bring a tent, a sleeping bag and a stove. The more campstuff I need to bring the less flying stuff I can bring:( Unfortunately they limit your luggage to 23 kilos. They should make exeptions for RC hobbyists. Carryon baggage is already reserved for my phantom 3... it´s a challenge to fit it all in:)

Hey Doom - that sounds like an amazing trip! There are some spectacular parks in the West here. I'm not sure if it would work out for you on a one-way trip, but there are some excellent camping gear rental outfits in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've personally rented from REI and Last Minute Gear in SF for camping trips I've done on the California Coast.

Too bad you won't be near Seattle, I'd be more than happy to loan you anything you need, I've got gear for a family, but everyone's grown up and moved away!