Flite Test Business Cards

Gazoo

When I am out flying at the local parks, people frequently stop to talk about my FT planes and flying in general. A lot of people are interested but think that it costs too much to start up the hobby. They are really surprised when they find out how easy and inexpensive it is. $4 for an airframe?!?!

Lots of them know someone who would be interested too.

I always tell them to go to flitetest.com to get everything or just ideas. I am not sure how many follow through. They probably forget where to go.

I was thinking that a business card with the information on it would be a great idea. Is there such a thing available? I could keep a stack in the flight bag or car to hand out to interested people.

How much would something like that cost? Could it be printed on a piece of foam board (or would that be weird)?

earthsciteach

I think others have mentioned this idea, too. If FT dropped a couple of cards in each speed build kit, they may get some customers out of it. Would it pay for the investment in the cards? That's Austin's area of expertise.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I think others have mentioned this idea, too. If FT dropped a couple of cards in each speed build kit, they may get some customers out of it. Would it pay for the investment in the cards? That's Austin's area of expertise.

That's a great idea. Or what if it was lasered into a section of the kit itself? No extra materials or process...That shouldn't cost anything more than a few seconds on the laser bed. Build your airplane, pop out a few cards and take 'em with you when you fly!

Clarify: I don't mean lasering a card into the airplane, I mean making use of some of the blank foam amidst the kit pieces. ;)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
DTFB & WRFB Business Cards.... or coupons

That's a great idea. Or what if it was lasered into a section of the kit itself? No extra materials or process...That shouldn't cost anything more than a few seconds on the laser bed. Build your airplane, pop out a few cards and take 'em with you when you fly!

Clarify: I don't mean lasering a card into the airplane, I mean making use of some of the blank foam amidst the kit pieces. ;)
Business cards are easy to tuck away and forget. A business card made out of the same material though, not so easy to forget and it would be a tangible reminder of how withn reach DIY planes are.

Perhaps a serialized discount code could be put on the card to be used for the new purchase, the referring pilot, or both:applause:

kacknor

Build another!
Etched cards on fb scrap... Brilliant!!!!

I'll second the original post! Frequently getting questions, always directing them to the website. This is a great idea! Every kit has scrap areas where "Cards" could be laser etched and cut. No real need for standard sizes either. Just some bits to toss into the field kit to hand out to the curious future flyers!

JD

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
This is an excellent idea! I've had a "to do list item" for a while now to print up some business cards with a basic set of links and contact info for those curious souls, but this would be so much more memorable.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I love this idea too... I will be adding this to all my plans.

a small section for cards with the FT logo, Site address and my logo and address for the articles

and a link to the 100mph under $100 video.

that's the video that sold me on the affordability, and ultimately enabled me to make the plunge.
(nearly $500 + $50 in foam later)

Gazoo

I have never actually bought a speed build kit but but have bought a few B and C packs. I would pay for a plank of lasered cards though. Especially if some of the revenue went to STEM.

I love to scratch build so the speed build kits don't make sense for me but I would totally pay a little extra if maybe one of the boards in the 50 pack WPDTFB was a bunch of lasered cards. Make it an option? How about a lasered QR code link to the FT site on the card? Possible?

NASAGuy

$1 piece of foam board, <$2 for 24lb 11x17 sheets at print shop. remove foam board paper, apply some super 77 and cut those bad boys out. Definitely going in my flite bag. Business cards are pretty cheap though but a foam board card...priceless!!!

Gazoo

Just need a graphic artist to post image of the card. I'll print them out and do the same! Any volunteers?

NASAGuy

Ah, that wont be hard to do. If there is a high enough resolution logo it'll be super easy. Not really wanting to recreate the gremlin logo from scratch in illustrator lol.

Other than Flite Test and the website, what other information do you guys think should be on there. Maybe the youtube address as well? idk

NASAGuy

"Welcome to the FliteTest Family" that's on the homepage.

Technically, I should probably ask for permission before drafting up some bait click cards...but I'm not seeing harm in spreading the love around and expanding the fam.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I started mocking one up using this source image, it's fairly high res: http://amaflightschool.org/sites/default/files/u99999/FliteTest-Logo-ScratchyTextGremlin.png

Didn't know what else people would really want, but I figure simple is good too. :)

FT_businesscard1.jpg

Last edited:

Gazoo

Ready to go...

Thanks for the image Mid7night. Got them printed and cut. I'm ready to give one out to the next potential FliteTest Addict!

I think the cards look really cool!

Attachments

• 20170418_202337.jpg
    20170418_202337.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Gazoo

I just gave away my first card yesterday. The fella was a member in a drone club who seemed pretty interested in my planes (Foam Cub and AP Kwak). He had no idea that you can just go to the local store and buy foam board to make a plane.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Excellent! I now have them in all my flight and transmitter boxes, but haven't had opportunity to share them out yet.

NiCK_NaMe

I just had someone today that was interested in my plane and I said that they are interested in the hobby but think that it is to expensive. I said goto flite test. And that this airframe can be made for under 5$ and they were amazed. If I had a card. Yeah they would have got it! I think that is a great idea. Add a FT Foam Board card instead of a Foam Board stamp of Allison who prepares the package if FT is worried about the cost lol!

Gazoo

Just making some more cards today. I had a guy talk to me yesterday and was interested but I didn't have cards to give.

Also, wanted to bump this to the top. Everyone, make some cards and give them out.:)