FLITE TEST GIVEAWAYS! - Tell us YOUR THOUGHTS!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
HEY EVERYONE!!

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! ha We have had a lot of people over the years show interest in FT giveaways, but we were not sure how we wanted to attack the issue!

THAT is where YOU come in!! We want to hear from you about what YOU would want to see in a FLITE TEST GIVEAWAY!! What is something that you just NEED TO HAVE or have always wanted! Tell us in this forum thread because we want to give back in a way that is fitting for the most AWESOME COMMUNITY EVER!

EXAMPLE ideas...
-TINY TRAINER get started pack
-BABY HAWK
-T- shirts
-etc!

LETS have fun with this and get people excited!!

GOOD LUCK and let the IDEAS FLOW!!

The Flite Test Crew!

Last edited:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
IDEA 1:

When introducing a new product, or near the time a new product comes to the store, accompany that introduction with a giveaway of the new product! You get more interest in the new thing, and get it out into the community possibly even faster than they could order it.

Example: Gremlin Power Packs
Why? Everyone wanted them as soon as they saw what could be done with them.

IDEA 2: "FPV Builder Starter Kit" = Gremlin Power Pack + camera/VTx + Goggles
Why? Because I want to have fun with quads but I spend my money too fast on airplanes! :p Also, I've yet to actually dip into the FPV pool, and even if I bought a Gremlin Pack, I have ZERO FPV equipment to use with it - I can't believe I'm the only one.

Thanks for reaching out to the community, AGAIN! FT CREW ROCKS!

nwnugget

Awww yeah. Sweet, sweet giveaways.

What would be cool to see from Flitetest?

New product giveaways prior to mass release.

FT swag for responding to and tagging in social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc.). Not my personal favorite, but a few companies I support do this "Like and tag a friend to be entered to win." stuff.

Speed build kits. Have something not exactly "flying" off the shelf? GIVEAWAY! Maybe garner some interest in that product again.

Forum giveaways. Start a thread "Show us your most epic crash." or "Scratch build mistakes and how you fixed it." or "Flight crew Friday! Post up a photo from the field." Anyone who posts within the criteria of the thread is entered to win.

Giveaways for people who review products on the store.

That's all I can come up with. Really dig the FT crew and all you do for us. Keep it up!

kdobson83

Anything. Literally. Lol I would LOVE to have a Gremlin but you are always sold out and my personal funds won't allow atm. FliteTest designed baby quads can help people get into the hobby while also popularizing the brand.

And anything apparel would work as well, who doesn't want extra FT shirts and what not.

My only suggestion, keep away from Facebook only giveaways. Relying too heavily on Facebook limits the distribution of your stuff. How many followers and potential followers don't have FB?

Anyway, I'm sure any giveaway you do will be awesome. Who doesn't like giveaways?

nwnugget

Anything. Literally. Lol I would LOVE to have a Gremlin but you are always sold out and my personal funds won't allow atm. FliteTest designed baby quads can help people get into the hobby while also popularizing the brand.

And anything apparel would work as well, who doesn't want extra FT shirts and what not.

My only suggestion, keep away from Facebook only giveaways. Relying too heavily on Facebook limits the distribution of your stuff. How many followers and potential followers don't have FB?

Anyway, I'm sure any giveaway you do will be awesome. Who doesn't like giveaways?

Agree, I don't have Facebook. Those giveaways are aggravating.

GolfingPanda

Great Idea!

That is a brilliant idea! I would recommend that the giveaway or giveaways be centered around their primary source of interest (Electric, Multi-rotor, FPV, ect.) For electric I think that power packs are the way to go. Everybody can use more electronics and can be used multiple times. For people with a primary interest in FPV, I would consider a bundle, an all in one tiny whoop camera and a nicer camera such as a run cam or foxeer. Anyone interested in multi-rotor would love a gremlin! I know that they are in high demand but they are awesome and the perfect prize! A Flight Test package could be a fourth type of prize. This would include a mug, t-shirt, stickers, and hat. I hope these ideas are helpful and would love to see more giveaways in the future! (as long as you guys are cool with it):)

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Awesome Ideas guys, keep em comin! I love the way you are attacking this with ALL DIFFERENT avenues... Killin it! ;)

SPREAD THE WORD AS WELL... to those who might not see this post. Get people excited and tell everyone to come and post because we will be using this thread and starting OTHER THREADS for this kind of content!!

Blessings,
Stefan

CartCurt

How about gift cards, vouchers, or store credit. That way the people could get what they wanted. There could be multiple prizes of different amounts. It could help someone get a high dollar item if they were a little short on funds. The best part would be not getting something that they wouldn't use.

I also agree with the No Facebook entry.

kdobson83

How about gift cards, vouchers, or store credit. That way the people could get what they wanted. There could be multiple prizes of different amounts. It could help someone get a high dollar item if they were a little short on funds. The best part would be not getting something that they wouldn't use.

YES!! Gift cards is an awesome idea!

nwnugget

FT Bucks!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Personally I think giveaways should be for active people in the FT community. All the free giveaways in social media merely attract the leaches and most times the stuff goes to people who don't even know what it is. There are a lot of people in our community that deserve a reward AND will put anything you present to good use. If for some reason they can't or do not use it the gift would more then likely passed on to another member who would. The appreciation for the giveaway will be much higher and have a greater meaning in the end.

Would having something from the FT crew be cool? Yes it certainly would but I do not ask this for myself as there are others who have been here far longer and contributed far more then I before I could think about wanting something.

Just how ever you do it make it wide range for more people not just facebook... Social media hoops are worse then small gates and scraggle branches.

DharanFlyer

I echo the no Facebook entry option. I use it, but not that fluent in it and prefer to do it through here.

You didn't mention method, but I loved the old school challenge method were each FT member took someone and whoever won their person got the prize.

As far as items;
FPV Goggles (even used as FT upgrades their active ones) always an item on my list and always a bit more than I have to spend
SBK's (early access between Beta and Launch would be cool)
Gremlins
Swag (shirts and stickers because you can never have enough)
Maybe do a club SBK giveaway for Bloody Wounders/Barons (trying to get my club into FT more and would be fun to win a set for everyone)
Liked CartCurt's Gift Card or FT Bucks idea
Previously reviewed/tested product (Planes, Quads, Tx, etc)

Some intangibles;
Select the next product to review
Get to be in a show (at a Flite Fest so no additional cost, or if you are in the neighborhood)
Guest on Podcast
Dinner/Lunch with an FT Member(s) (at Flite Fest again)
Help design a challenge for the show

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I'm never on Facebook. Always here(FT site/forums), or the FT Youtube feed.

The goal would be to promote your store, product or the forum, right?
Have the giveaway here on the forum with a vid on the tube. It gets those that haven't seen the forum a reason to check it out.

*Do raffle to drum up interest in a product and earn $ towards research and promote this forum. I little money out for a chance an ($) unobtainable item. Like a complete SEA-Duck Kit (with motor setups.)
*Design Challenges. (like the Santa sleigh as a speed build kit at Christmas)
*Use the Gremlin kits for Plane ideas!
*Swag is always a plus. I like the gift voucher idea too. I sadly own nothing FT.
*power pack is a great giveaway idea for all.
*a CRAZY BIG motor systems - (Battery, ESC, motor, and props)to the one with the best Idea on what to use it for. (that way you both get something new) then offer up another with a speed build version of the winning idea, with plans fro free download and SB kits for sale.

*scavenger hunt for an awesome prize! Find obscure details from the forum, the articles and videos to find a clues to the answer (like the midnight madness movie, "fagabeefee?", no "Pin-Ball City") then everyone logs in to submit their answer (once) and if you're right you pull one member's "name from the hat" or this way everyone can do it when they can in the advertised time period. (like finding where the soggies took Captain crunch as a kid)

*Planes VS. Guns. like skeet shooting practice but the skeet moves erratically (That's more a show Idea)
*give away the unique items from your vids. (like the blimp) from the DR-1 SE-5 vids... or the Giant Quad. Maybe the Fowl Flyer etc.
*A good transmitter and Charger to the best noob story. (it was the thing always limiting me prior to the 100 mph for $100 vid.)
*An afternoon with the Crew. or be in a video, etc.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Selection method could be to drop something from a Cargo (or something) and have the field littered with active Forum members names printed on little Gremlin Guys. Who-ever's closest gets the give-away.

Fun and entertaining.

maybe a night setup. with runcam owl, and led strips and goggles. Maybe a runway lighting set! for night flying fun.

DharanFlyer

Selection method could be to drop something from a Cargo (or something) and have the field littered with active Forum members names printed on little Gremlin Guys. Who-ever's closest gets the give-away.

Fun and entertaining.

maybe a night setup. with runcam owl, and led strips and goggles. Maybe a runway lighting set! for night flying fun.

^^ This. Maybe not the whole population as that would be quite a few names. Maybe a pre-draw to get it down to <=100.

paulshort

I reckon you should do some giveaways on the forum only (some people don"t have FB or are kids with parents that don"t let them use it. As for what to giveaway what about some boxes of foam? I think that would be awesome because for so many of us foamboard is really hard to get.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
For special gifts I think you want something that shows off at the field. A FliteTest Taranis or Spektrum radio all in black and white with Gremlins on it or special run of a popular foam plane with FliteTest colors and gremlins already printed on the parts. I think for special gifts you want something to really pop at the field.

For just regular giveaways, T-Shirts and Sweatshirts and hats show off the brand at the grocery store. It's an icebreaker that starts a conversation with people who have never flown and aren't likely to see the cool stuff.

EDIT:
Facebook is for plastic people.

Ross

Random drawing from Flite Test store customers. I make a purchase every few months and those are the people who really support the cause..

Last edited:

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Random drawing from Flite Test store customers. I make a purchase every few months and those are the people who really support the cause..

So folks in the forums that repeatedly help others that come for help don't support the cause?