Flite Test golf course project

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
i feel ya! even though im 3 times as close as you and could drive there, 13 hours without traffic is still quite the journey for just a couple days...

It's not completely horrible. I mean, you don't have to deal Chicago ;p

Google Maps says that it's a 20 hour drive from North Dakota, and I have no problem with that drive for FF. It's one GREAT motivator.

alan0043

You get exactly what is listed unless the reward tiers get amended for exceeding the goals. You also get to say I am part of something super special. You may also gain a bunch of new friends and form new relationships.

As for what you get when you walk in the store with the hat the same as walking in without one. A nice smile and hello and depending who is on duty a big ole bear hug.

I have been following this thread and have seen not to much activity or thoughts about being a supporter of the Flite Test project. I also have seen that the second stretch goal is just about complete. It sounds like if I walk into the new hobby shop being a supporter there would be no difference if I was not a supporter. Everyone needs to make their own decisions.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its not what each of us will personally get from this my friend. Its what is given to all of us THRU this that matters. Even if there were not motivations thru personal rewards the campaign offers I would still have gladly given what I could and did. What I have gotten just from being part of this forum let alone what I got out of Flight Fest last year is priceless and for me life changing already. I am sure over time it will only get even better even if I never get / got to go to the new place.

BTW this closed out insanely strong and nearly hit 400k! WELL done community and thank you!!

Final tally.jpg

jaredstrees

I am glad I got to be a part of this. As Psyborg said, FT has given me the opportunity to be involved in this hobby. I'd have given more if I could. I hope one day I get to visit.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I gave to this fundraiser mostly because I know that Josh has wanted this for years, and I know that I will spend a ton of time there, plus I could secure my FF pilot pass early. I just wish that I could have given more....

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I gave to this fundraiser mostly because I know that Josh has wanted this for years, and I know that I will spend a ton of time there, plus I could secure my FF pilot pass early. I just wish that I could have given more....

if i had lived within a 6 hour drive of there and had a little bit more money i might have gotten the FF for life family edition. amazing deal. you are lucky you live so close! unfortunately a 13 hour drive is a bit too long to be worth getting lifetime passes. (for me anyways)

jamboree1

I couldn't find anywhere to post my thought about the new Park but here goes. looking at the current Joe Nall fiasco about rain, or the lack thereof as it turned out, I think for future FF meets that some alternatives be planned. Take like the RV parking, terra firma should be available so that RV's don't sink into the ground. covered area activities purposely planned for rain delay's etc. Even if it's just to watch Joshua juggling battery packs. Airboat races, you guys get the idea.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the golf course is open for flying now (05/05/18) ?

Al
As far as I know the earliest access to the new place will be by invite at FFO to show off the new place. After that I believe things will start gearing up at Edgewater Airpark as the work to convert the main building gets underway.

alan0043

As far as I know the earliest access to the new place will be by invite at FFO to show off the new place. After that I believe things will start gearing up at Edgewater Airpark as the work to convert the main building gets underway.

Hi PsyBorg,

Thank you. Sounds great. I was curious about the project. The nice thing is that the park is 30 minutes from my house.

Al

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hi foamtest,

I would like that. I am a 68 year old newbe. Only flown once.

Al

Any time is a perfect time to start! :D

Are you planning to make it over to Flite Fest? Lots of folks there to help you practice and get more time in the air - just start chatting with anyone and you're instantly making new flying buddies :D