FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

Garret234

Thank you very much JohnRambozo for adding all of the new designs! I was testing the MM S.E.5, and the rudder didn't seem to coordinate\bank the plane quite like it should, so I ended up changing the dihedral to 4 degrees and the results seemed a lot better!

Thanks again!

pintokitkat

So near, then my brain gives out

The instructions for reskinning are great and I followed them until point 30 when my brain exploded.

The texture file must remain the same so rename each texture file... Yeah, ok, erm, no. What files am I renaming to .png? It says all the texture files, but there's only the one I've been editing and you said to save that as a BMP (other than the UV one).

Instructions 31 and 32 - yep. ok. Think I followed those.

Instruction 33 - am I moving them into the existing folder (I was playing with the Bushwacker) in which case what files make up a 'scheme', or should I put them into a new folder.

I'm probably not understanding the idea of a scheme properly, but I've scratched my head until it bleeds trying to complete this 'easy as that :D' bit.

Andy

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Thank you very much JohnRambozo for adding all of the new designs! I was testing the MM S.E.5, and the rudder didn't seem to coordinate\bank the plane quite like it should, so I ended up changing the dihedral to 4 degrees and the results seemed a lot better!

Thanks again!

This is great feedback. Thank you Garret!

JohnRambozo

The instructions for reskinning are great and I followed them until point 30 when my brain exploded.

The texture file must remain the same so rename each texture file... Yeah, ok, erm, no. What files am I renaming to .png? It says all the texture files, but there's only the one I've been editing and you said to save that as a BMP (other than the UV one).

Instructions 31 and 32 - yep. ok. Think I followed those.

Instruction 33 - am I moving them into the existing folder (I was playing with the Bushwacker) in which case what files make up a 'scheme', or should I put them into a new folder.

I'm probably not understanding the idea of a scheme properly, but I've scratched my head until it bleeds trying to complete this 'easy as that :D' bit.

Andy

I know its pretty convoluted and hard to follow. "Easy as that" was definitely meant to be sarcasm. I'll send you a direct message so we can figure out where things are going wrong... Maybe I can revisit those instructions and clean those up, too.

Edit: I did try to clean up the instructions and added one missing detail regarding saving files if using GIMP. You may need to add the alpha channel before you're able to save as ARGB instead of XRGB.

Last edited:

orange_rc_pilot

If he can, then so can I!
Hey John, it would be great to see the FT S.T.E.M. Alpha, Bravo and Charlie jets as phoenix models soon! If you have time, possibly even all 9 variations... ;)

Love what you're doing for the community. Keep it up please!!!

Sevan

pintokitkat

Sorted

I know its pretty convoluted and hard to follow. "Easy as that" was definitely meant to be sarcasm. I'll send you a direct message so we can figure out where things are going wrong... Maybe I can revisit those instructions and clean those up, too.

Edit: I did try to clean up the instructions and added one missing detail regarding saving files if using GIMP. You may need to add the alpha channel before you're able to save as ARGB instead of XRGB.

John

I worked it all out in the end and am happily creating new schemes to match my builds' decorations.

I appreciate everyone has different priorities, but can I put in a vote for the following order of new Phoenix models: 1. Versa wing. 2 Spitfire. 3 Mustang.

Thanks for all your efforts with this. It is appreciated.

Andy
:D

JohnRambozo

Hey John, it would be great to see the FT S.T.E.M. Alpha, Bravo and Charlie jets as phoenix models soon! If you have time, possibly even all 9 variations... ;)

Love what you're doing for the community. Keep it up please!!!

Sevan

You'll be happy to know, I am working on them now! I have the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie flying. I want a little more fine tuning before I release them. Then I'll add the other 6 variations to have all 9 available.

FT_MESA_Alpha.png

FT_MESA_Bravo.png

FT_MESA_Charlie.png

JohnRambozo

John

I worked it all out in the end and am happily creating new schemes to match my builds' decorations.

I appreciate everyone has different priorities, but can I put in a vote for the following order of new Phoenix models: 1. Versa wing. 2 Spitfire. 3 Mustang.

Thanks for all your efforts with this. It is appreciated.

Andy
:D

That's great, Andy! If you want to share the skin files, I'll add them for everyone to use.

I appreciate your vote. The FT Spitfire was my very first R/C plane. It flies like a dream and looks great in the air.

moseng

FliteTest planes are now being added to Phoenix RC Simulator. This post will be updated regularly as more planes are created.

Very very nice! Thank you for all the time you must put in to make these!

I will of course be able to die happy now but... is there any chance at all that we might perhaps be able to fly at the FT field? I have no idea how difficult it is to create flying sites but I've always wanted to fly there. Being able to fly around the tower would be awesome! Could there be anything better than flying a Flite Test plane at the Flite Test field? I don't think so.:)

Thanks again!

DharanFlyer

Hi John -

Just got Phoenix specifically because of the work you have done and the chance to fly online with some FT folks.

Thank you for all your work!

Frolic

"You are dead, Frolic"
John,

I also purchased Phoenix just like DharanFlyer because of the great work. I really enjoyed the FT3D and IMHO it flies quite a bit like mine. Till I crashed it a few dozen times.
I do have a question though. I am flying with the DXe controller that came with the Simulator 5.5. I see in some of your photos the FT Bushwacker is showing flaps. Currently the fuse is done on my real Bushwacker. I would like to sim the flaps but cannot get them to work. Do I need a different radio or am I missing something. The DXe has a flap switch, but I am new to more than 4 channels so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all you have done, it is inspiring me to build more!

DharanFlyer

I actually am having the same issue. Flaps and Gear. I think that it has to do with assigning something during set-up, but since the instructions say to set up the profile as Heli instead of Plane it is throwing me off since I am not familiar with all of the settings. I am using a DX6i.

JohnRambozo

John,

I also purchased Phoenix just like DharanFlyer because of the great work. I really enjoyed the FT3D and IMHO it flies quite a bit like mine. Till I crashed it a few dozen times.
I do have a question though. I am flying with the DXe controller that came with the Simulator 5.5. I see in some of your photos the FT Bushwacker is showing flaps. Currently the fuse is done on my real Bushwacker. I would like to sim the flaps but cannot get them to work. Do I need a different radio or am I missing something. The DXe has a flap switch, but I am new to more than 4 channels so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all you have done, it is inspiring me to build more!

I actually am having the same issue. Flaps and Gear. I think that it has to do with assigning something during set-up, but since the instructions say to set up the profile as Heli instead of Plane it is throwing me off since I am not familiar with all of the settings. I am using a DX6i.

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying it and feeling inspired. Mission accomplished! :) As for setting up the TX, here's a link to a guide. Its meant for heli's but should work for your needs, too. If all else fails, you can always use the numbers on the keyboard to toggle various options. Numbers 5-0 should toggle extra features.

JohnRambozo

Last edited:

jhbuxton4

JohnRambozo thank you for taking the time to make all these models! Is there a chance of a FT versa wing in the future? Possibly the Blunt nose version.... :) Please!

Seriously though, awesome work getting all these models out available to us! Happy New Year, Be safe and happy flying! -Jamie

Last edited:

lleemon

I am trying to down the FT Mesa files and keeps throwing me a 404 error. Does anyone else get this? Other planes seem to work fine.

Ceskahawk

Love that these are available for Phoenix but unfortunately the "All planes" link is broken as is the "FT DR1" which I would particularly like to try before flying the one I have just built, error 404.
Thanks again for all the great work

Last edited:

Powder7410

What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the all planes file and unzipped it as instructed but the planes aren't showing up in Phoenix. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! - Kelly