FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

chiprs

Thanks

Just saw the response and I thank you for the virtual nutball. I will download it now. I'm sure the students will have a blast with it too. Thanks again.

Rob0073

Oh the nutball. Was thinking of picking this up. Thanks! Been watching the RCgroups thread off and on for awhile.

nutball.jpg

Yayat

Hello guys, I can't find any FliteTest model on my Phoenix RC 5.5. I've already put the models on user-made.

rickp

Hello guys, I can't find any FliteTest model on my Phoenix RC 5.5. I've already put the models on user-made.

Hi Yayat,

Did you look under the Airplanes.Electric list?
On my system Tiny Trainers (for example) show up there as "Flite Test Tiny Trainer 3ch" and "Flite Test Tiny Trainer 4ch".

Regards, rick p

Yayat

Hi Yayat,

Did you look under the Airplanes.Electric list?
On my system Tiny Trainers (for example) show up there as "Flite Test Tiny Trainer 3ch" and "Flite Test Tiny Trainer 4ch".

Regards, rick p
Nope, still can't find it. I've attach some screenshoot, Is this path correct?

Untitled-2.png Untitled-23.png Untitled-3.png

rickp

Try sorting by class rather than by Manufacturer.
You might also check your version of PhoenixRC as I've had issues when using older ones.
Believe the current rev is v5.5.l

Thanks, rick p

Yayat

Try sorting by class rather than by Manufacturer.
You might also check your version of PhoenixRC as I've had issues when using older ones.
Believe the current rev is v5.5.l

Thanks, rick p

It's working! All I do is update to the latest version.

Thanks rick!

Yayat

hello guys, I have some question here. I was building FT Mini Scout, as far as I know it is 3 channel plan with ruder. How do i edit FT Simple Scout on Phoenix simulator so I can practice flying 3 channel FT Mini Scout?

rickp

hello guys, I have some question here. I was building FT Mini Scout, as far as I know it is 3 channel plan with ruder. How do i edit FT Simple Scout on Phoenix simulator so I can practice flying 3 channel FT Mini Scout?

Hi Yayat,

Edit the Scout in PhoenixRC.
Click the "Detailed" button in the lower left if you don't see attributes.
Change the WINGS.AILERONS.Input attribute from "Left Aileron" to "None".
Change the FIN.RUDDER.Input attribute from "Rudder" to "Right Aileron".
That will disable the ailerons and move the rudder control to the aileron channel.
Click "Finished" and you should have a 3 Ch Scout with roll control on the right stick.

Enjoy! rick p

Yayat

Hi Yayat,

Edit the Scout in PhoenixRC.
Click the "Detailed" button in the lower left if you don't see attributes.
Change the WINGS.AILERONS.Input attribute from "Left Aileron" to "None".
Change the FIN.RUDDER.Input attribute from "Rudder" to "Right Aileron".
That will disable the ailerons and move the rudder control to the aileron channel.
Click "Finished" and you should have a 3 Ch Scout with roll control on the right stick.

Enjoy! rick p

hi rickp, thanks again. it is working, but kinda hard to stir. when the airplane tip on one side so hard to make correction. it keep on roliing to that side, is mini scout flies like this?

rickp

hi rickp, thanks again. it is working, but kinda hard to stir. when the airplane tip on one side so hard to make correction. it keep on roliing to that side, is mini scout flies like this?

Hi Yayat,

Sorry, but I don't have the Scout so can't answer your question.
I could be that the Mini Scout has more dihedral, which would help with that.
The only FliteTest aircraft I have is the Tiny Trainer, which flies great with either 3 or 4 channel.
It uses different wings for each, the 3 channel having significantly more dihedral.

Perhaps there's a specific Scout thread - you could ask there.

Good luck, rick p

lleemon

Anyone know the future of Phoenix R/C 5.5? Is it officially dead?

Rickp - do you plan on continuing to develop new FT planes for PHoenix R/C?

Just curious if I should make the move to RealFlight 8 on Steam because it is $90 this week. One of my favorite things with the sims is to try out the FT planes.

rickp

Anyone know the future of Phoenix R/C 5.5? Is it officially dead?

Rickp - do you plan on continuing to develop new FT planes for PHoenix R/C?

Just curious if I should make the move to RealFlight 8 on Steam because it is $90 this week. One of my favorite things with the sims is to try out the FT planes.

Don't have inside knowledge of PhoenixRC future, but am sticking with it myself.

With respect to new FT Phoenix models, I'll absolutely do new ones, but it's demand driven.
You guys ask for them and I'll build them, but if no one asks I take that as an indication of no interest.
Saying that because I have plenty to keep me busy Phoenix-wise over here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2382571-User-Built-Models-for-PhoenixRC

We're on post #2385 and have over 200 Phoenix models of various sorts.
Some are foamies, but most are not. Lots of cool stuff.

BTW, I recently finished my first FT model - the Tiny Trainer.
Excellent flyer in both 3 and 4 channel versions.
I'm a FT fan!

Cheers, rick

lleemon

Don't have inside knowledge of PhoenixRC future, but am sticking with it myself.
That is awesome! Really like PhoenixRC and love people are still doing it so will stick with it.

With respect to new FT Phoenix models, I'll absolutely do new ones, but it's demand driven.
You guys ask for them and I'll build them, but if no one asks I take that as an indication of no interest.
Do you do this for free? Do you have a tutorial to teach people how you do it? For example, they just released the FT Dart, I am curious how it flies different then the FT Arrow. Always wondered whoever does these, do they have to build it to get exact flight characteristics or does building a computer model in same ratio just produce same results?

We're on post #2385 and have over 200 Phoenix models of various sorts.
Some are foamies, but most are not. Lots of cool stuff.
Yes, I visit this and the FT list often but the FT thread hasn't had new additions in a long time.

BTW, I recently finished my first FT model - the Tiny Trainer.
This is one of my favorite FT planes. I recently put a camera on it to do fpv, so fun.

Rick - Thanks for all that you do.

Lee

rickp

Hi Lee,

Yep, do this for free - it's a hobby like any other. :)

I did create a tutorial to teach others, but it's written rather than a video.
The process is not hard, though it takes a bit of commitment to learn.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...ORIAL-Building-a-PhoenixRC-Model-from-Scratch

The FT Dart and Arrow look interesting and I haven't done a wing in awhile, so think I'll add them both to the queue.
There may already be an Arrow model, but they're so similar that I'd like to do both for a fair comparison.
And your question about getting the exact flight characteristics is very perceptive.
If you build the Phoenix model right, then it should fly similar to the physical model, but certainly not exactly like it.
That takes input from someone who has the model. So I recruit test pilots when I can.
You'd be a good candidate if you have the Arrow.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Looks like Pheonix is officially dead. Can only find it on fleabay now.

Well that stinks. Any official word? I see its no longer available from Horizon Hobby and Horizon's support info has been removed from the official Phoenix site.

In other news, for those that already have Phoenix R/C 5.5, I am back to creating Flite Test models. The FT Goblin is coming very soon!

Flying donkey

Hey guys is the FT Spitfire anywhere near close to being put out for Phoenix. The spitfire is my first scratch built aircraft and I've managed to crash it three times out of three flights. the third flight requiring a new fuselage. It would be great to practice on Phoenix before taking it out again. Cheers keep up the good work