FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

Nathaniel241

Powder-

Did you copy the whole Flitetest folder to C:\Users\your user name\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes folder? After you put the folder into the correct section of the directory, you will probably need to restart PhoenixRC. Then go to change model in PhoenixRC. I then sort by Manufacturer at the top left and open Airplanes. Just under Phoenix is Flite Test. Please verify that you have done all of these things and still don't see the Flite Test models.

Hope this helps.

Powder7410

I did exactly that. One discrepancy I noted, however, was that I had to create the Airplanes folder. Could this be an indication that I am in the wrong directory? Is there a way that I could verify that it is the right or wrong directory?

Nathaniel241

I did exactly that. One discrepancy I noted, however, was that I had to create the Airplanes folder. Could this be an indication that I am in the wrong directory? Is there a way that I could verify that it is the right or wrong directory?

I'm not sure. It is possible that you are in the wrong directory. Under PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models, are their two folder? Official and User-made?

Powder7410

Yes. It has Official and User-made but no Airplanes folder. I uninstalled and re-installed to see if that would remedy it but it was no good. Here's a screenshot of the directory.
Capture.PNG

As you can see, there is no folder structure within the User-made directory. What should I be seeing here?

acp

K0ACP
FT Flyer; FT Nutball; FT Delta

John,

As new R/C hobbyists, my wife and I are attempting FT Flyer (Nutball & Delta) builds. We also purchased a copy of Phoenix RC and have used your other models to practice with the Tiny Trainer. Thanks a bunch!

Just curious, are you still considering the addition of the Flyer, Nutball, & Delta models to the Phoenix Sim?

Art/K0ACP

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
John,

As new R/C hobbyists, my wife and I are attempting FT Flyer (Nutball & Delta) builds. We also purchased a copy of Phoenix RC and have used your other models to practice with the Tiny Trainer. Thanks a bunch!

Just curious, are you still considering the addition of the Flyer, Nutball, & Delta models to the Phoenix Sim?

Art/K0ACP

Absolutely! If nobody is opposed, I can probably get those together pretty quickly, right after the Mig3 is painted.

JohnRambozo

JohnRambozo thank you for taking the time to make all these models! Is there a chance of a FT versa wing in the future? Possibly the Blunt nose version.... :) Please!

Seriously though, awesome work getting all these models out available to us! Happy New Year, Be safe and happy flying! -Jamie

I'm glad you're enjoying them! I will make sure Blunt Nose Versa is on the list!

JohnRambozo

Yes. It has Official and User-made but no Airplanes folder. I uninstalled and re-installed to see if that would remedy it but it was no good. Here's a screenshot of the directory.
View attachment 82901

As you can see, there is no folder structure within the User-made directory. What should I be seeing here?

I believe you'll need to update to have the folder created, or you can simply make it yourself.

FolderExample1.png

FolderExample2.png

ecphilo

Hey Stefan. I'm glad you're enjoying them. As for the landing, its not you... That's a quirk of the sim. Any belly lander will always register a crash because the prop hits the ground. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do. I think the developers at Phoenix figure you can't take off again with a belly landing so its "okay" to crash.

The good news is, you're not doing anything wrong. :)

Yeah I read the whole thread looking for this info. Tried landing like 10 FT belly models and figured it was the program since the wheeled versions will land. Might want to put that hand launch cant land with out crashing in the sticky. Also I saw a bunch of great paint schemes in the thread but dont see how to change the skins, i.e. 3d, brit, navy
Of course Ive had like 1 hour playing with phoenix and ahem, havent read instructions- too frustrated trying to get the DXe that came with it to be seen by anything- ended up on an old xp to get everything working.

Now how to not let the kids take over

Maxstudio

haven't read all 35 pages of this thread, but does anyone know if the Pietenpol will be added to the Phoenix any time soon?

Yaroslaw

JohnRambozo, if it's not very difficult, can you please post updates as a post in this thread (like "Added Pietenpol")?

That way who have subscribed to thread can have instant notifications that a new model was added:))
It would be very cool, if you could do it:)))

Thanks anyway for your great work!

lemonademan

FT Explorer 3 channel (Trainer) and 4 channel (Sport) versions are now available. Need feedback on flight characteristics, please! (Download in first post)

Using Phoenix to build up to first real plane. I've been planning on getting the Explorer 4ch but after downloading the model you have here it feels extremely sensitive. I looked through all the replies to this thread but I have not seen anyone talk about how true to reality this is. Can anyone provide input here?

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
Got a pheonix 5.5 sim in the mail today. Got a family AMA membership this year and want my son and wife to learn to fly. HDMI'd it to the family's large flatscreen tv and having a blast tonight. Will have to get these on my sim very cool. My 13 year old flys my versacopter better than I do in real life. Are you able to put the versacopter in the sim download as well. Just wondering and thanks a ton for this work you do.

Malihan4

file not working

can somebody help me. i am using windows 10 and after downloading the files and extracting in the PhoenixRC folders, models didn't show up in the main phoenix RC program