FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

Folgore88

@SquirrelTail I absolutely love flying the FT Edge! That's been the main reason I have been able to improve flying 3D as much as I have!

Hi and thanks for adding FT Edge to realflight, really nice work. I have imported into RF9 and it seems to work fine. I am a beginner for flying aerobatics so I am building my first FT Edge 120% to learn.
I would like to ask you how similar is the simulator to real flying?

tanmaychhatbar

Hi and thanks for adding FT Edge to realflight, really nice work. I have imported into RF9 and it seems to work fine. I am a beginner for flying aerobatics so I am building my first FT Edge 120% to learn.
I would like to ask you how similar is the simulator to real flying?
If you're learning, I'll suggest keeping the plane in sim on low rates. That's still closer to high rates on the real thing with 9g servos. Apart from that, flight characteristics should be fairly close.

To answer your question, even the best sims will have their quirks, and won't be 100% accurate. Sims are most useful to set muscle memory, whether you're learning figures-of-8 or weeble wobbles. There'll still be a learning curve when transferring that knowledge to rc flying in real life, except you're getting a head start and reducing the chances of you crashing your plane.

Folgore88

I agree with you, after flying with the similator for more than a month, I flew my first model plane and was able to take off and land without any problem.
What do you mean "keeping the plane in sim on low rates" do I have to configure something on the simulator ?

tanmaychhatbar

I agree with you, after flying with the similator for more than a month, I flew my first model plane and was able to take off and land without any problem.
What do you mean "keeping the plane in sim on low rates" do I have to configure something on the simulator ?
Realflight allows you to switch rates. Check your channel assignments to find the button on your transmitter that's assigned to that feature! Have fun!