FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I have never designed a plane for Real Flight so please forgive my ignorance if this isn't possible: is there a way to convert these 7.5 designs to work with G5? My ancient computer can't run better than G5. If there is no converter, is there a way to extract the design variables to make the RF included "slinger" wing fly as close to a FT mini arrow as possible? Thank you.

Unfortunately there is no way to convert the planes from 7.5 to G5. Backwards compatibility is a tough nut to crack, hence only the 7.5 models. As far as the aircraft specific variables go the G5 physics engine would not do a good job of translating the information into a usable flying craft. You would really need to fly a real Arrow and then play with the Slinger in G5 to make if feel similar.

Deadbolt

Unfortunately there is no way to convert the planes from 7.5 to G5. Backwards compatibility is a tough nut to crack, hence only the 7.5 models. As far as the aircraft specific variables go the G5 physics engine would not do a good job of translating the information into a usable flying craft. You would really need to fly a real Arrow and then play with the Slinger in G5 to make if feel similar.

Ok thanks, I'll do my best

ritalin401

I am not able to download any of the files, I get: "File not found, Sorry, that file doesn’t live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private."

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
There seems to be an issue with Dropbox, I have messaged Johnrambozo so he can take a look at it. Hopefully everything will be back up soon.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lrussi! All of the links have been updated. I don't like the new format, but here's a screenshot to show the easiest way to download now. Click the [...] and Download.

FDropbox.png

bigALUSMC

Awesome!

I was hoping not to have to buy the phoenix Sim as we currently have RF7.5..... Any word on new planes?

We are looking for:

Bloody Baron
Tiny trainer

Thank you guys for doing this.... you all are top notch!

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Now that i fly the Alpha in real and on the sim i can compare. You did an awesome work. The flight characteristics are amazing realistic.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The Storch - Thanks

As a bonus, the Storch has been released! Download from the first post!

I have been interested in Building the Storch and until recently, I have hesitated to build it. (despite the rave reviews) Now I can fly it and see how I like it!:D Thank you greatly. Is there any way we can help with this? I love this whole thing as a way to see what FT I'd like to build next. And would it be possible to add the vanes on the front of the wing for some slow-fly fun on a fly-field course.

Also I'd like to try to build my scratch build model (VF-9) and put it in RF-7.5 to test fly and get good with it before the maiden to save lots of work. Then see if it can do the things I want it to do. (directional thrust, legs and hover).

I have inventor at work but I'm not interested in paying big bucks for modeling software at home. any suggestions? Sorry if it's repeat.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Hey Guys,

Looks like we hit a dry spell here. Just checking in to see what planes are in the works.
Thanks for all your doing with the sims. It really is appreciated!

Luis

jpot1

Elite member
I agree with Luis, thanks for all that you have done. Any chance of the simple cub in the future?

First a big thank you to those who created the add ons. I was about to buy RFx because it had a few FT planes installed.but so many people are saying to stay away from it. So i am glad i ran into this poasting. I Have a Gremlin and am excited to try to besighn my own. Any sugestions? On How to build the Gremlin Flight Chareteristics? Going today to pick up 7.5

Cullen Chong

Thank you so much for creating these models. I am using them in my FT STEM classes so my students can get use to flying them before we get on the field. If you are taking requests, we would like to see the following: FT Tiny Trainer, FT Spitfire, FT Mustang, FT MIG-3, FT Explorer. These are all planes that are options for the kids to build in our class. Thanks again
Cullen Chong
FlashPoint STEM

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Richard Kennedy AKA JohnRambozo has been missing in action on the forum. I also haven't seen a lot of activity from AlternativeRC who has spearheaded the RealFlight models. Now that we are getting into sim weather here in the northern states it would be great to see a resurgence in this thread. Last season was great with the the FT models added. I'd like to see that again this season. Hope all is well with these two gentlemen.

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
Sim weather is here! Got RF8 for christmass looking to get some nice FT plans for reflight, I also ahve Phoenix and love the FT fleet on there!

So I was thinking, we never got the release of teased Chimera VTOL from Peter, but RealFlight seems to be pretty well suited to such a craft :)

Havak37

Brand new to RC planes
Hey Guys,
Is there a chance to get the FT Sea Duck for RF7.5?

Thanks

Yes please. This. I have DX6e and only simulator I can fly on is realflight. Want me some sea duck. Do we need a pateron donation thingie? or maybe I could try to do one, but I would have to learn then apply then tweek hah. I wana fly right meow! haha anyhow thanks alot for all the work on these planes so far!