Floridian FT family members Irma aftermath

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey all. From the looks of things Florida and southern states got hit harder then expected. Has anyone reached out to our family members from the forum here to make sure they are OK or if they need any assistance from us? I know most of you are already doing this stuff on Facebook probably but it would be nice to know people are safe or who needs help here for those of us who are not involved in social media.

Any information you guys could post here would be nice so that we can know they are OK or in need of aid.

jaredstrees

I'm in Gainesville, just got power back yesterday. If anyone is in the area let me know and needs help let me know!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Glad to hear you are safe and getting back to normalcy. Hopefully there was not a lot od damage for you and that recovery will be quick. Thanks for stepping up and offering to help others since you are way closer to the situation then most of us are.

Maybe soon others may chime in and let us know they are safe too.

bitogre

The people I regularly talk with here in Broward County, Florida (just north of Miami) are all fine. Lots of downed trees and I did loose the screening around my pool but that was the worst of my damage so I think I did well. Some of us never lost power though I do know some people who did loose power and my work was without power until late yesterday so today was my first day back at work. Those of us on the East coast were lucky that it went as far west as it did. I hope those on the West coast of Florida are doing well.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So you guys didn't get hit with storm surge as bad as predicted. That's great. From what they were showing here from the keys up past Miami was one massive flood zone and expecting it bad. They were showing place like Jacksonville totally washed out and chest deep in water for most of its area.

Good to hear another and people you know are safe and doing Ok.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
We have MANY family members down that way. I was thinkin about suggesting that the FT crew maybe sponsor some pilots to go down and help with S.A.R. to locate lost people or others needing aid with no way to communicate that need. You could cover a lot of ground with an FT explorer and FPV with a GPS system to "Mark" where potential issues are for emergency crews I would think.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah they have been expediting permits for people with proper certifications. Most are all commercial part 107 pilots down there for the quick buck charging higher prices. Specially the ones working for the insurance companies that want to get as much information for early claims so they don't have to audit and tack on a ton more for unseen damages like mold later on for people who take the early payments.

I mean for people like us who would go down there and work with law enforcement or first responders to aid people in need without charging and taking advantage of already down on luck people.

Bo fpv

I live between gainesville and ocala and there are trees down and some shingles lost and some people out of power.
But damage was minimal compared to what it could have been.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Anyone heard from FlyingMonkey yet? Startin to worry he has not checked in yet. Last on date was the 12th.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
FRED!! where you at brother!!

Also, Psyborg thanks so much for starting this thread... it is a great way to reach out and help in any way possible! I am following this thread to make sure we can get the most help out that we can if there is a need!

Blessings everyone!

Stefan

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So far Stefan we have been lucky with the people who have checked in that they have had minor issues and are getting along well.

FM sent me a PM and he is fine he is out on duty helping in places that needs it. Good man he is and doing fine as far as I can tell.