FLY SKY 9 CHANNEL TRANSMITTER ???

HAYMAN

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE 9 CHANNEL FLY SKY RADIO ??
WHERE DOES IT RANK WITH THE OTHERS ???

WHY DOES IT SAY 9 CHANNEL AND ONLY HAVE 8 CHANNEL RECEIVER ???

PLEASE HELP I AM GOING TO BUY A RADIO AND I NEED SOME ADVICE ??

SPECTRUM IS TOO HIGH ,,, MAYBE THE BEST BUT TOO HIGH .

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Exact same as Turnigy 9X. A very popular, low cost, easily upgradable unit that works well.

Now having said that ..... IF I had it to do over again the only unit I would buy is a FrSky Taranis.
For $200 it rivals features on $1000+ radios and has better flying range than many others (out of the box without modification).

Thurmond

abieex

Mentor
I've had a couple of the "reasonably priced" boxes including one upgraded with er9x ware. My current and absolute favorite is the dx6. Its intuative and very easy for even me to use. Good for helos, acro, sailplane, quads and at this point I'm not sure why I would need a 9ch. I wonder how many folks really need a 9 ch as compared to a 6. Lately I have adopted a KISS attitude! Good luck with your search but the local buzz is that a Taranis is great if you like programming as much as flying. JMO

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Actually there are a ton of pre-programed models for the Taranis that are shared by others and can be loaded easily through the usb port. Good to know how to program step by step.....YES! Absolutely necessary to know how to program step by step....NO!

This hobby is NOT just about flying and crashing! It IS about learning to manipulate a multidisciplinary technology to do what you need it to do!

Thurmond

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I just got a TH9x as a gift from someone who moved up to a taranis, and I have to say its a respectable little radio. Cons are definitely the buttons (Just when you think you know how hard to push them, they stop working, poor button design, but tolerable with practice) and the built in antenna. I didn't find the firmware as clumsy as some have lead me to believe, so I won't count that against it. It can only have 9 channels on 72 MHz though I don't exactly know why. If it can still have 72 MHz in it it would be a good cheap FPV radio, as 72 MHz has a longer range for a given power output than 2.4 GHz.

Last edited: