FPV with a DJI phantom 3?

liamnave

flyboy
So one of my best freinds just got the phantom three that hes been saving for for a while now, and he is so hyped. I was texting him and all of the sudden he sent me like thirty selfies of him with it. Anyways hes super pumped. My question is this, is the phantom camera capable of easily connecting to FPV googles? He asked me if he could borrow my goggles, so I was just wondering. thx

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I believe the phantom transmits video on 2.4gHz and has control on 5.8gHz so normal FPV goggles will not be able to pick it up. That is unless you have a 2.4gHz vRx, but even then I assume dji does some encryption with their video feed.

I would suggest to get one of those cheap "VR goggles" that is just a box with a lens that you strap your cell phone to. Then you can get the immersive experience without having to buy the dji goggles.

ageorge

You could buy the eachine goggle 2 it has a hdmi in so u can have fpv on it.Further more it is 1080p!!! so the quality will be amazing while flying fpv.It is very comfortable and quite cheap only 156 dollars but there is a coupon so it is only around 125$!!!!!!.It is IIIIINNNNNNCREEEEEEDDDDIIIBLEEE.The quality is as good as fatsharks and the 5 inch screen is epic.You could add a dvr to make it the best goggle ever.It is made to be able to use with dji drones as for the hdmi port.

here is the link-
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Go...Glasses-p-1094862.html?p=WM26066628141201609D

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 3.02.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 3.01.48 PM.png

you could use this flying other quads as well so it is multifuntional that way.If it is his first goggles it would be a blast it is just epic.I cant reccoment it enough.

Last edited: