Free (Used) Wood Tricopter Frame

califrag

Would anybody be interested in a lightly used coffin-body tricopter frame?

The holes are not 100% perfect but there was no warp in the frame or arms when assembled and it flew really well before I made a new one.

It's painted bright orange and the arms are the standard lengths.

There's an extra battery mounting plate that I made after the original frame, so some edges don't really line up exactly but everything bolts together pretty good regardless.

There's enough extra material that it can be trimmed or sanded to match better and the holes on the arms can be redrilled on the opposite end if needed. The arm with the chip on the corner, that was where I removed some material to allow it to extend to the proper angle, since that hole was a bit off.

The front-left/right blocks will need to be cut a little shorter too, when you fold the arms they move.

Here's some pictures of it assembled:

hw5HwKZ.jpg
64NspTM.jpg

And some pictures of what I'm including:

5B0sqPM.jpg
xp7WVgE.jpg

If interested please let me know or post here and if several are interested I'll use random.org to choose

Last edited:

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Very interested, probably not though, but keep me as a possibility, I have been looking forward to a tri at some point, it flies standard Y right??

califrag

Yep it flies standard Y configuration, let me know if ya need it. It just didnt feel right tossing it to the trash.

BankNYank!

Mentor
This is actually perfect timing. I have a friend who I've been trying to get into rc flight and he's been snooping the forum here and has decided he wants to build a tri-copter. I have explained to him all the woes of learning to fly and offered to give him an extra kk2 board I have and three DT750's and some new ready made rc esc's I've been saving. I even have a rear swivel motor mount and some old batteries he can use. All in all he really only needs a frame. So mark me down as a possibility if you don't mind. :D

Jnr Kuzi

Hey you Can give it to me, im trying to raise money to build a multicopter & you giving me this frame will give me a Big push forward.
Im from Lusaka Zambia, Send me an email if you'd like to get to me - akuzikejnr@Gmail.com

Tactical Ex

I'm trying to get into multi rotors and plan on building a tricopter. Got all my parts picked out but no frame atm. If this is gonna be a random pick then put my name in but if you are going to select one I would choose banknyank since introducing those new to the hobby is more important.

califrag

Really happy to see that there are people interested and it won't be trashed. I'll give it until Friday and then pick from whoever has posted.

I'll probably just use random.org to make it completely fair or make a poll, but likely just random it off its the only true fair way.

Jnr, I've been seeing your posts for a long time, and really hope you get it, I know you have been wanting a tricopter frame for several months. I am a little bit concerned about whether it would make it all the way to you or not, and the cost of postage.

This sounds like this would be a perfect fit for you BankNYank, so I really hope you get it too! That's pretty much exactly what I had running on it and it flew great, so your friend should really enjoy it.

I will likely be upgrading my tricopter frame again in the near future, and if I don't crash it, I'll give away the current frame it's using after I swap. I have some aluminum arms I want to cut and a sheet of g10 I bought off ebay that I want to cut the frame from, so depending on how that all goes..

Jnr Kuzi

GO RANDOM

Really happy to see that there are people interested and it won't be trashed. I'll give it until Friday and then pick from whoever has posted.

I'll probably just use random.org to make it completely fair or make a poll, but likely just random it off its the only true fair way.

Jnr, I've been seeing your posts for a long time, and really hope you get it, I know you have been wanting a tricopter frame for several months. I am a little bit concerned about whether it would make it all the way to you or not, and the cost of postage.

This sounds like this would be a perfect fit for you BankNYank, so I really hope you get it too! That's pretty much exactly what I had running on it and it flew great, so your friend should really enjoy it.

I will likely be upgrading my tricopter frame again in the near future, and if I don't crash it, I'll give away the current frame it's using after I swap. I have some aluminum arms I want to cut and a sheet of g10 I bought off ebay that I want to cut the frame from, so depending on how that all goes..

Random.org will be the best choice to pick a winner its fair & you wont be able to favour anybody. I love that instead of just keeping a frame on your shelve. You're giving it away hoping to get something better. Thats really amazing.

BankNYank!

Mentor
I think a random drawing sounds like the fairest way to go but I just have to say that while I hope I am able to get it so I can get my friend into the hobby I really like Jnr's enthusiasm so if he wins I will pay half of his flat rate shipping if needed.

Thanks for considering me for the frame!

Jnr Kuzi

I think a random drawing sounds like the fairest way to go but I just have to say that while I hope I am able to get it so I can get my friend into the hobby I really like Jnr's enthusiasm so if he wins I will pay half of his flat rate shipping if needed.

Thanks for considering me for the frame!

bank, thats really an Honourable thing to do. I really appreciate your support.
Respect +1

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Wow, that is very kind of you banknyank, and I'm not just saying that cause someone else did, it honestly was. I am almost saying to cast my vote as yours, enjoy it if you get it, if not, your friend should like a syma x1 if you haven't already planed that out.

Last edited:

BankNYank!

Mentor
Wow, that is very kind of you banknyank, and I'm not just saying that cause someone else did, it honestly was. I am almost saying to cast my vote as yours, enjoy it if you get it, if not, your friend should like a syma x1 if you haven't already planed that out.

Thanks. I'm really just trying to help out where I can.

If I get it I'll put my friend on my WLToys v929 while I'm helping him build the tri so he can learn to fly then I'll buddy box him on the tri once we get that finished.

Jnr Kuzi

i have been offline for the entire week so i am quite outdated. Whats the situation here? Has the draft already passed?

califrag

Looks like it's just gonna be you guys who've posted so far, good luck everyone ! :)

1) IFlyRCstuff
2) BankNYank!
3) Jnr Kuzi
4) Tactical Ex

Congrats Jnr!! Please PM me with where to mail it to and I'll try to get it shipped out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jnr Kuzi

I WIN, thank God

Looks like it's just gonna be you guys who've posted so far, good luck everyone ! :)

1) IFlyRCstuff
2) BankNYank!
3) Jnr Kuzi
4) Tactical Ex

Congrats Jnr!! Please PM me with where to mail it to and I'll try to get it shipped out tomorrow.

wow, thank you very much.. this really feels good & i appreciate the support.
Let me do just that.

califrag

Congrats Jnr! I'm happy you got it!

@califrag, my offer still stands if you need any help with shipping.

BNY that is extremely honorable of you but I just wouldn't feel right accepting any money even if it was to go to shipping costs. I'm just gonna do it and worry about it later :)