FT 270 Quad Build

josh237

I was watching some old Videos and I am looking to also build my own quad. I was wondering if this Quad is discontinued.
If so what is the closest to it for me to build from the ground up?

Thanks in advance for the help.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I believe it is discontinued. Mine has been sitting 95% complete since they were released. Really need to finish it this winter.

Hard to say what other 270 size frames are out there without searching the internet. Most of the places I bought frames from in the past are no longer selling the same frames either. It's kind of a work in progress as all the components are always evoving.

Liam B

I was watching some old Videos and I am looking to also build my own quad. I was wondering if this Quad is discontinued.
If so what is the closest to it for me to build from the ground up?

Thanks in advance for the help.

If you're looking for something with the vibration dampening plate like the FT 270, I know the Lumenier Johnny FPV frame has one built in. It doesn't have the same wheelbase, however.

If you're more interested in the size, a 6 inch is a good place to end up. There are a ton of 6" options on the market as well as deadcat frames and you can't really go wrong with any brand-name ones.

Johnny Frame: https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-qav-s-johnnyfpv-special-edition-5-fpv-freestyle-drone-airframe.html

josh237

If you're looking for something with the vibration dampening plate like the FT 270, I know the Lumenier Johnny FPV frame has one built in. It doesn't have the same wheelbase, however.

If you're more interested in the size, a 6 inch is a good place to end up. There are a ton of 6" options on the market as well as deadcat frames and you can't really go wrong with any brand-name ones.

Johnny Frame: https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-qav-s-johnnyfpv-special-edition-5-fpv-freestyle-drone-airframe.html

I was really looking for one to build and learn to Fly like the chase planes or just one that is a good starter but the build is what really I was looking for as I have not done much research on them.

I also wanted to try and get something here to help support so that is why I was also asking if there is something similar here.

Thanks for your help and I also followed you on youtube. Nice flying pretty cool. I will also take a look at that link