FT Bushwacker

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
Oh wow, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton for doing that, it's a huge benefit to the community. :applause:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any chance you could post .dwg or .dxf files along with the pdf's?

Yeah, it might be a lot to ask Sponz, since he poured so much time into these, but I would love the .dwg files!

My 5+ channel soaring wing for the Tiny Trainer turned out great, but I would like to create a clean design in AutoCAD so I can share it with the community. Right now it is simply a pencil marked piece of posterboard, with a few minor corrections needed.

I would need to get approval from Flite Test before I did that. I will look into it.

What would you be using the native CAD files for?

Torf

I would need to get approval from Flite Test before I did that. I will look into it.

Personally, I'd like to be able to redraw my 5+ channel soaring wing for the Tiny Trainer with a few minor corrections and print to PDF so I can share it with the community for anyone interested.

Right now the plan is a physical template, actually a pretty rough looking piece of posterboard with pencil marks on it. It worked OK to make a few copies including one complete wing, but there are a few incorrect lines, and some inexact measurements. Also I am afraid I'll lose the template or damage it, so I can't share it yet.

I think the best option would be to start with CAD 3-ch and 4-ch wing plans and incorporate everything I have learned since cutting the first wings. I also modded the power pod a bit (thrust angle) but that isn't as critical as the wings.

Completely understand if this is not possible. If I have to, this winter I can draw it from scratch. Just upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2016 recently, and I work in 2D.

tyoho

Lots of acronyms

I would use the cad files in my CAM software to program them for my CNC.

Currently I use inkspace to convert the PDF to a DXF so I can open it up in Mastercam to generate the toolpaths.
This isn't to hard, but one less step would be nice.

Plus, I have to do a lot of rearranging to nest the parts to fit my work area, and that would be easier to do with Autocad or Inventor than Mastercam, if I had the DWG or a IDW.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
YIKES!
Capture.JPG

I heard a rumor that SP0NZ is reformatting the plans to make printing/building easier...

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
SITREP...

All of the geometry has been re-drawn in CAD. I'm currently formatting all the lines and cross hatching for cavities and paper removal, etc. I fully expect to have this done before morning.

SPONZ, you work fast. Hope I can build as fast. Forgot to pick up some DTF today so a trip to town in the morning is in order. I just watched the build vidio and ready to go.

Jimmy

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
SPONZ, you work fast. Hope I can build as fast. Forgot to pick up some DTF today so a trip to town in the morning is in order. I just watched the build vidio and ready to go.

Jimmy

I will try to have plans ready for you before morning sir.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Thanks so much Dan, Not many would stay up all night to do this for people he doesn't even know.

Jimmy

It's statements like these, from people who appreciate it, that make it all worthwhile.

mesolost

Love ya Sponz ^_^ I'll be building just as soon as I can cut and trace these plans out.

100_0262.JPG

*edit* BAM!

100_0267.JPG

Last edited: