Wingspan... ;)

FT Cruiser.jpg

fax

Would it be possible to fly this with the

hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1300kv

from the nutball?

Would be more slow but does it work?

johanjonker

the body was a pain in the neck to build out of Depron.. Folding the paper seems so darn easy in the video. wish we has that stuff here in SA..

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
after watching all the videos I decided to order me up a kit for this guy. I've got a good hotwire set up, but wanted to see how good I could get it to look with the laser cut kit. That and I wanted to support this community :p

This will be my first dual motor set up plane. Should be fun. I am currently making a few goodies that if they work out, I will share with the rest of you guys :D

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
I knew I should have had this delivered to my work. Now I have to wait till monday to get it from the post office since the office is closed Saturdays :mad:

pilot74sparki

Expensive UK import duty on speed build kit!

:( Ahhhh - £43.83p import duty + VAT - wow this is the most expensive dolar tree foam board plane ever to arrive in the UK :mad: $65 for US equivalent. Should have scratch built it now - waited almost 3 weeks too.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Darn taxes!

Save the laser cut one, and use it to trace out your patterns for your scratch build ones.

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
I have a few sugestions for you guys building this plane.

1: Instead of scoring and bending on the laser lines. remove the paper from the inside of the wing. This will let the foam bend in a nice arc, creating a much better flowing wing and much nicer looking wing as well.
SS851246.JPG

SS851247.JPG

SS851248.JPG

2: Plan out your color scheme before your final asembly. It helps a lot to plan things out before you have to try and paint/color around other control surfaces.

3: Tape your leading and trailing edges of your wing before you insert it into the fuselage. This will help slide the wing in a little easier, and also help keep the paper from getting messed up. The paper has a weak bond to the foam and can easily peel away, especially if you live in an area with a lot of humidity in the air.
SS851250.JPG

Incase anyone is wondering, the 33 on the tail is because this is my 33rd build :p

Last edited:

pilot74sparki

Here is my FT cruiser all painted up - bit of a hybrid scheme but I still think it looks the part :0)

This was my speed build kit - still have one un-built but can't find any light weight foam board in the UK the stuff I have from local stationers is twice as heavy has a waxt card to either side not paper.

Anyway pics below.

2 x Turnigy 450 1200kv running 8x6 EMP props
2 x HK 25/30A ESC
1 x Turnigy 3300mAh 20C 3s lipo

36A and 1900g of thrust.
AUW = 1021g

TFC-01.JPG TFC-03.JPG TFC-02.JPG

midohioboarder

Ok, so this is my essentially my first time flying an RC plane. (I'm a heli guy) I really enjoyed the build of the cruiser. And now that it is damaged beyond repair... I will be enjoying building another!

I think it was just slightly tail heavy. Really sensitive to elevator input...ultimately the demise of the plane. It all happened so fast!
too much fun.

nagromnewo

Hi

I haven't built a cruiser yet, but my FT Spitfire was very sensitive to the elevator and unresponsive on the ailerons on the recommended throws and CG. I reduced the elevator throws and increased the aileron throws and all is good. Some expo helps too. I use 30%.

Owen

Rames

image.jpg image.jpg Hi, Just finished the FT Cruiser build. Built per FT video except for one small addition. I added two small scoops for ESC cooling. I cut them from the handle of an OJ jug.