FT Dart Mix on Taranis

powlikethat

Hello all - I am finishing the FT Dart build and being this is my very first plane\wing of any kind, I'm not sure how to configure the mix with diff thrust on the taranis. Anyone know where I might find detailed instructions on how to do this? Thanks

bluebuggy

I could also use some help on this. In my last attempt i could only get one motor to spin until the throttle was 50% then the other motor would start. I'm going to start building another one this week, if any one has any pictures of their mixes or advice i would greatly appreciate it. I will be using the Taranis x9d plus.

bluebuggy

Thanks Rockyboy, that did help! Wondering if my ESCs might need calibrated? I still have one motor that spins way before the other in "normal" mode. To get it somewhat close i have to set the min output on the other motor to 73.3.

bluebuggy

Still same results after calibrating ESCs. Maybe it's normal to have to adjust the min output that much? Still a new to all this, thanks for all the help!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Still same results after calibrating ESCs. Maybe it's normal to have to adjust the min output that much? Still a new to all this, thanks for all the help!

Nope - that doesn't sound normal at all. If you can post your OTX file from the Taranis I can take a look and see if anything looks weird in the setup.

In the meantime, here's a few other ideas for troubleshooting...

Hook up only one motor and esc and with a new model in the Taranis see how it responds to a standard 100% throttle mix (no expo or differential or funny business). Use the channel read out screen to see what channel value causes the motor to start turning. Then keep the same taranis model and connect the other motor and esc and see if it starts turning at the same channel value. If they are different, try calibrating each ESC / motor combo one at a time and see if they start acting the same.

If at the end of those steps the esc/motor pairs act the same we know the problem is in the radio differential mixing. If the esc/motor pairs don't act the same when tested individually with a plain Taranis setup, then the weirdness is somewhere in the BLHeli firware or something physically different about the hardware.

bluebuggy

It's looking like the issue is with one of the ESCs. I built a new one with all new electronics, same RX, and having no issues. I guess it could still be PDB or motor, but ESC seems to make the most sense to me. Thanks again for all your help rockyboy