FT Gremlin Help!!!!

pa28235d

Hello.. New to FT Forums, My son and I are having problems with the FT Gremlin build. We purchased the kit through FT using the recommended set up. After a successful build we plugged into Beta flight and programed it per the build video, all seemed to work. We went through the binding process and all seemed to work. After testing the throttle I noticed the motors were not working in sync and some of the motors are not achieving full RPM's. There are also times when the motors shutter, and the entire quad shakes.

I have gone over all the setting multiply times. I am officially lost. Any help would be appreciated!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to FT!

Sounds like the calibration for the esc's did not take or you may have skipped that step.

Remove the props!!!! Plug Gremlin into computer and connect with beta flight. Go to the motors tab and activate spin motors, You will get a warning to remove your props. This step can potentially make the quad try to eat your face if you leave them on. once the spin motors is active set the main slider to full throttle. Plug a flight battery int the quad. AS soon as tones start to play slide the slider down to zero throttle. The esc's will reboot and you can go on with testing them for same start, Proper rotation, and then set min throttle values.

Good luck and have fun with the Gremlin. Do not wait to long to drop slider to zero as you can put the esc's into programming mode requiring them to be factory defaulted to restart the process.

pa28235d

Thank you for your help! I gave it a try and I'm having the same problem. When operating the motors with the transmitter, the motors run at different speeds and some of the motors will run down to 0. Any other suggestions. Thanks again.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Are you doing this just sitting on the table?
If so that is normal specially in any of the assisted modes. What will happen is there will be some vibration and the FC will try and correct it. When nothing happens it will correct stronger. This can lead to one or more motors going to full speed and some shutting down to idle.

With the props off again start the quad normally.. radio, quad, arm. Pick the quad up while the motors are spinning. They should change. Now tilt one corner at a time down. The lower motor should speed up. Do this for all four corners. If they act like they are supposed to put the props on and go pop it into the air out side.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
No video it never happened.... Just saying..

Gratz on a successful flight mate. Happy flying. :applause:

TCB

New Gremlin Build Problem

Everything went well until I plugged the controller into beta flight for the second time to set it up. No lights came on. Beta flight won't connect. I checked everything for continuity with the a meter and it seems to be ok, can't find a short. Does this this mean I messed up the FC somehow? Don't know were to go from here. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks