FT Guinea Pig (Review)

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

The FT Guinea Pig is a speed build cargo plane is the perfect platform to carry out the craziest experiments in the air!

The FT Guinea Pig (foam board cargo plane) is Peter's 2nd design for Flite Test.

Though versions of this scratch built RC airplane have been around for years, this Flite Test SBK (speed build kit) "FT Guinea Pig" has unique features like a removable/ replaceable nose!

The FT Guinea Pig has all of the same features as our Mighty Mini Twin, "The FT Mini Guinea".

mvi-0654-mov-00-00-22-20-still001-png_1424156127.jpg

The FT Guinea Pig of one of Peter's favorite RC cargo airplanes and it's becoming a favorite with the rest of the Flite Test team!

ft-guinea-review-edit-00-03-12-00-still023-png_1424156344.jpg

The twin engines, replacable nose and large cargo area make this plane great for experiments and drops!

mvi-0228-mov-00-03-11-20-still001-png_1424156042.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped give us feedback and supported us during the design of this speed build cargo!

montage-cut-rev-1-00-00-56-21-still006-png_1424156089.jpg

Bomb drops are just one of the many things fun things this airplane can do.

montage-cut-rev-1-00-00-17-12-still005-png_1424156231.jpg

You could...add some rockets!

gopr9233-mp4-00-00-53-20-still001-png_1424156159.jpg

...mount cameras anywhere you want!

ft-guinea-review-edit-00-02-48-21-still022-png_1424156280.jpg

...or drop a little folding wing airplane out of the cargo bay!

gopr9236-mp4-00-01-26-03-still001-png_1424156320.jpg

We're excited to see what you will do with your FT Guinea Pig! Post articles and link us videos and photos to our Twitter! #flitetest
Let us know if you'd like to see the folding wing become a speed build kit!

Also, stay tuned for the upcoming build video and plans for this airplane very soon! Thanks again for all of your support and feedback

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Guys,

First, this was a great episode! Easily one of my top 5. I really enjoyed all the different aspects of this video. Everything from the community review, the rocket assist, the mini swing wing plane, the montage of items being dropped, the RC car strapped to the bottom, roof landings, and OMG the crashes! Of all the different varities of videos that you guys make, the ones where you just come up with all kinds of crazy things to do with RC planes are my favorite. Keep up the great work!

Second, Awesome job on the design Peter. I found the Twins Cargo thread on RCG shortly after my son introduced me to Flite Test and have been subscribed to that thread ever since. I've always considered building one, but have only really built with DTFB. When Peter joined FT and you guys announced that his twin would be converted to DTFB I was pretty excited about it. Especially after seeing him fly it and the VTOL version at FTFF 2014. I'm eagerly awaiting the plans and the build video for this one.

And finally, DUH! Peter definately needs to release the plans for that little swing wing plane. That thing looked ballistic from what little we got to see of it in the video. And, like Josh Scott mentioned in the video, 'Any plane that poops out another plane is cool with me."

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
And finally, DUH! Peter definately needs to release the plans for that little swing wing plane. That thing looked ballistic from what little we got to see of it in the video. And, like Josh Scott mentioned in the video, 'Any plane that poops out another plane is cool with me."

I have a very small, very powerful motor that needs to go on something. (I think I could get a 4s in that little thing. Muhahahaha!) Prepare to be left in my prop-wash! :D

Papo_60

FT Guinea Pig Plans

I see that the FT Guinea Pig is for sale in the store but I am not able to find the build plans. Are they available yet??
Thanks,

flyer58

free plans for guinea pig plane

when are you making this available to us in england in the form of free plans: