Ft Spitfire build

dredger2

I have watched a lot of build articles and watched a lot of U tube on how to but by far flite test has caught my interest the most so I down loaded a few of the plans and started to experiment and build. This is the first Spitfire I have build and had a blast doing so just Spitfire.JPG spitfire1.JPG Spitfire.JPG wish I could fly as well as I can build....

brettp2004

That thing looks awesome. I used to have an FT Spitfire and I loved it. Did you paint the teeth on there or is that vinyl?

Very nice, one of our favorite planes. We are now on our sixth one. I hate swappable power pods and install the compartment solid which has really improved performance. With a 250watt motor it is very fast.

None of mine ever looked that good. But it is fun to have a plane that performs better than many of the store bought planes. Many have commented on how well it flies.

Theja68

Awesome looking spitfire

Your paint scheme is superb. What electronic setup do you use. How did your spitfire perform, maiden?

dredger2

Spitfire teeth

I painted the teeth on my Spitfire freehand with Walmart special water based acrlic paint at $.50 a jar.

dredger2

Spitfire electronics and swappable

I started out with a Turnigy 2836-8 motor and a Plush 30A Esc and APC 9X6 slow fly prop I also put a Hobby Eagle A3 Gyro in to stabilize the flight since I am new at RC. The maiden flight was awesome but on landing the prop caught on the grass and pulled the fire wall loose. The second flight was just as great but again on landing the fire wall was pulled loose so to try to combat the firewall problem I built the swappable out of 1/8" Plywood with the same plywood firewall. haven't been able to fly and try it out yet because of the weather here. The rain wont let up and noticed that there is an ARC loading animals two by two lol.:)

Theja68

DONT BREAK PROPS

Please dont break props like that im not talkin about propeller. When you do that ie prop struck in grass, it bends the shaft. If i were you i would i would make a simple landing gear, the v type used on duster and attach it to the fuselage by 2 rubber bands. And also try to mix ailerons and flaps to get flaperons. But if you dial up flaperon mix then dont deploy flaps when motor is powered on because wings might not take the load. Think about it man bent shaft no good

dredger2

Spitfire rebuilt

I went one better I rebuilt the spitfire only this time I put flaps and a landing gear on the plane. It works great and at roughly 25% flaps and 1/2 throttle the plane tries to stall but not badly. Just a little bit of elevator does the trick now I just have to get used to the flaps and a slightly slower landing speed. Spitfire New2.JPG ATTACH]

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
OP, absolutely beautiful build. 2thumbs!

Very nice, one of our favorite planes. We are now on our sixth one. I hate swappable power pods and install the compartment solid which has really improved performance. With a 250watt motor it is very fast.

None of mine ever looked that good. But it is fun to have a plane that performs better than many of the store bought planes. Many have commented on how well it flies.

not to be off topic, but i'd love a pic or more info on this. having troubles with mini scout and i think its all due to the pod.

thanks,

laramie ;)

Theja68

Guys will the spitfire balance with a 60g motor and an 1800mah 3cell? If yes what kind of battery life can i expect?