FT Spitfire Motor choise?

I just bult an FT spitfire (not the master series) What motor shall i use? is an 2212 1000kv 800g thrust enough? my plane weight is 870g with battery!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I just bult an FT spitfire (not the master series) What motor shall i use? is an 2212 1000kv 800g thrust enough? my plane weight is 870g with battery!
I fly mine with a 2212 2200kv , that motor will get you in the air but you won't get a lot of speed out of it

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
There is a thread called Spit Roasted FB on here that is basically dedicated to the FT Spitfire, I believe someone just recently posted a maiden video of their Spitfire with your motor setup, it will give you a good idea how that motor performs.
is the video

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
It will work, but you are not going to get verticals out of it.. And it won't fly as well as it could.
Do you have any idea why your plane's AUW (all up weight) is so high? What foam did you use

It will work, but you are not going to get verticals out of it.. And it won't fly as well as it could.
Do you have any idea why your plane's AUW (all up weight) is so high? What foam did you use
I have landing gear added and the foam is 5mm seems like that flittest use but maybe another type of foam!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I used the Emax GT2215/09 1080 KV, with a 30amp ESC 3amp BEC and use a 3s 2200mah battery.
It flies great and looks good in the air too.
SPITFIRE 3.jpg SPITFIRE 2.jpg SPITFIRE 1.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Just flown my Spitfire again today after a nose re-build. It actually few better than before the repair, I had forgot how much I like this model. For a warbird its very forgiving, but can still manage all the aerobatics of a real Spitfire.
Pity they never came up with a decent landing gear design for it though. My own fixed version works well for take offs, but it struggles with the landings it easily buckles. Its not worth fitting retracts, as its just extra weight to carry.