• Welcome to the new Flite Test Forum home! Please note that the migration is still undergoing and certain content, user privileges or features may be missing or limited until the transition is complete. Thank you!

FT Tiny Trainer Center of Gravity

This week I received my Tiny Trainer Get Started Package, and I just finished assembling it in the three channel configuration. After putting all of the electronics in, I found that the plane was very nose-heavy, so much so that I had to put the battery at the very back of the velcro strip to get it almost balanced. I'm looking for tips on ways to add a bit of weight to the tail so that I have room for finer adjustments up front. As it's my first plane I want to make sure I have it set up for the best learning experience :D

Hmm, I had no issue with mine. I use a 800mah 3s and have it pushed all the way up front, along with a voltage alarm right behind it. Balances perfect with no extra weight. But, as long as your build went good and you are checking CG at correct spot, about 1/3 of the way back on the wing, and it's still tail heavy, hotglue some weight on the tail. You can get some lead fishing weights, flatten out with a hammer (warning, this is fun) and glue on tail till you get CG close enough.