FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I finished assembling an ARF kit of the Hyperion Enigma 3D that was produced in 2011 and has been floating around to various workshops since.

enigma-main.jpg

I picked it up from a forum member a few months back, intrigued by the 'thrust vectoring' system where the motor is pointed side to side by a servo up front mixed in with the rudder control.

Kit went together pretty easy - looking forward to a maiden flight in the next couple weeks when I can get back to the field.

DKchris

New design from Flite Test confirmed! :rolleyes:
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiuB8W8bS0w
I love Stefan's reaction to everything, being a FT crew member must be so much fun with him there!

Just watched the clip. Admittedly Great fun.
BUT one main thing comes to my mind after watching it: I'm seriously starting to wonder if those fidget spinner thingies might have some similar side effects to, say, Aspirin or Paracetamol; You know, if you don't really have a headache in the first place, but regularly take 'em anyway, you're likely to end up developing a headache.

Fidget spinners were originally invented to help people with attention/concentration issues and tendecies to fidgeting.........such as kids/teenagers with ADD, mild autistic traits and/or anxiety issues.........sooooooooo..........ahem........:rolleyes:;):D

And no, not specifically thinking of Stefan in this case ;) ......well, maybe the anxiety part, but he would have some fairly good excuses.........:D

Last edited:

RCLucas

Errrr, haven't been to the field in soooo long, around 4 or 5 weeks!!

Yesterday I visited Cape Canaveral, AKA Kennedy Space Center, EPIC!!!!! I saw so many amazing things, I was really surprised how impressive the exhibits and work gone into the center. My favorite moment was defiantly the Space Shuttle hanging from the ceiling in the center of a HUGE room, cargo doors open like it was in space. Seeing the Shuttle got me thinking, not many people out there have created RC Shuttles, especially not EDF ones. Hmmmm, anyone interested?
I'll try to upload some pics of the visit later!
:cool:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I just loved the shuttle reveal at the Kennedy visitor center - after watching a short but really cool video on the history and highlights of the shuttle program, the whole side of the room where the video was projected just slides away and boom! There's that beautiful shuttle hanging right in front of you! :applause: Gave me goosebumps, I tell you. :)

RCLucas

I just loved the shuttle reveal at the Kennedy visitor center - after watching a short but really cool video on the history and highlights of the shuttle program, the whole side of the room where the video was projected just slides away and boom! There's that beautiful shuttle hanging right in front of you! :applause: Gave me goosebumps, I tell you. :)

That was my favorite part, was not expecting it at all! That film showed the development of the Shuttle and how they came to using a modified 747 to bring it back from two other landing sites. They used a model RC 747 and shuttle to demonstrate the theory, and apparently it worked!

Tench745

Master member
Not RC, but definitely flight. Took my first steps into hang gliding today. Got a "free" wing and harness today.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
@Trench & DeltaDart- awesome!!

I opened a box from Laine's Planes... I've got an EPP Cuda baby! :D

2017-06-08 17.42.34.jpg

Send him an email if you want one too - he still had a couple kits ready from local show sales, but hasn't posted them up on the website yet.

jaredstrees

Not today really, but this week got to fly my arrow. For about 30 seconds. Also finished up a nnchipmunk, just needs to have the motor added and ready for a maiden.

arrow.JPG

chipmunk.JPG

RCLucas

Not today, but I did visit another RC field/club I hadn't really thought about 5 minutes from my house! It's on a hill, most likely a converted garbage hill into County park, probably about 60 feet in elevation. The runway runs right off the "cliff", so that should be interesting considering it's really short! I will be joining, $50 a year, $1.50 to get into the park on weekends, and my family will be able to BBQ pretty close to the field! It's always a little windy up there, I wonder if I can get a slope soarer? :confused::cool::D:eek:
I plan on flying this weekend, first time in a long time! I want to bring my Apprentice, Parkzone P-47, fixed after crash, not my fault, Lemon RX failure, and FMS PT-17!
And...
I really need to talk some photo's and videos of my flights and planes for you guys, I know I enjoy all of yours!
:cool:

RCLucas

Very fine!!!!

Love that chipmunk! Is that tape covering the plane? What happened to the arrow, always hate to see that happen!:(

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Jarred, she doesn't look too happy about the arrow damage - I hope you got it back together and flying again!

Tonight I went to my club meeting and won a gift certificate in our 'show and tell raffle' for bringing my Mountain Models EVA! And learned some new covering and build techniques when one of our more experienced members did a wing covering demonstration. Can't wait to try them out on my next build :)

jaredstrees

Thanks! The chipmunk is probably my best build so far, and yes packing tape covering. She flies great as well. As far as the arrow, pretty much totaled, however those go together quick. She just wouldn't pull up! Oh well, build, crash, repeat, right?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Today I drive 90 minutes in rush hour traffic to the closest legal flying field, only to have the rain start coming down as I was unloading gear. :(

So I went to the local hobby shop and worked on my blues with some retail therapy. I now have all the covering and doo-dads for my upcoming cartoon scale balsa P-40 project. And electronics for the EPP Cuda in the paint box. And for $60 a very used wet fuel sport plane in the 60"-70" wingspan size with a seized OS41 motor, and 72mhz Futuba electronics - pickup later this weekend.

Yeah, I really wish it wasn't raining.... this is hard on the wallet...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Today I sat on the mower at the local club field and aimlessly mowed around thinking, man, I need to rig this for RC and FPV.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I crashed my mini EFX racer.........BAD!

and flew some other planes and talked to another flyer at the field I fly at.

liamnave

flyboy
I built a pun jet, drank our annual fathers day root bear floats, and made a tiny bit of progress on my sig kadet senior. oh and I also destroyed a mini arrow, but I had 3, so I be good

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I built a pun jet, drank our annual fathers day root bear floats, and made a tiny bit of progress on my sig kadet senior. oh and I also destroyed a mini arrow, but I had 3, so I be good

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

This is a tradition my Son and I should get into!

Cheers!
LitterBug