FTFMM Challenge - "Fat Albert" C-130 by DamoRC

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
DamoRC,

Thanks for sharing the plans. You did an awesome job! I have a question about the full-size plans. When I open the PDF, there are 40 pages, but only the first page has parts on it. I just wanted to confirm that all the parts for this build are on that first page. Thanks again.

Thanks Jaxx! Yep - there must be a glitch in the way I printed out the full size and Yes, all of the parts are on page 1. I will see what I can do to correct this. However, if you just print the first page actual size you should get full sized plans.

DamoRC

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks Jaxx! Yep - there must be a glitch in the way I printed out the full size and Yes, all of the parts are on page 1. I will see what I can do to correct this. However, if you just print the first page actual size you should get full sized plans.

DamoRC
I removed the blank pages from the copy I downloaded. If you like, I can upload the single-page full-size plans here, so you can share that, until you figure things out.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I removed the blank pages from the copy I downloaded. If you like, I can upload the single-page full-size plans here, so you can share that, until you figure things out.

That would be great - cheers!

DamoRC

Jaxx

DamoRC,

I rearranged the parts to allow it to be printed on a the large format printer at my local print shop. One of the dimensions has to be under 36 inches. I figured someone else might need the resized version. Here is a copy of that version.

Attachments

• C-130_Full_70"X35".pdf
    327.3 KB · Views: 0

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Thanks Jaxx! The layout looks really great.

I tend to always use a tiled version of the plans so when I make my own, I optimize for this in the layout (trying to make sure that each part is divided over the least number of sheets). From some of the FT plans it looks like a 34 inch width (for large format printers) is pretty common - I'll try to remember this in future for creating the full sized versions.

Again - thanks for putting the effort into these - again, your layout looks really good.

DamoRC

Jaxx

Thanks Jaxx! The layout looks really great.

I tend to always use a tiled version of the plans so when I make my own, I optimize for this in the layout (trying to make sure that each part is divided over the least number of sheets). From some of the FT plans it looks like a 34 inch width (for large format printers) is pretty common - I'll try to remember this in future for creating the full sized versions.

Again - thanks for putting the effort into these - again, your layout looks really good.

DamoRC

Happy to help where I can! I get my plans printed for a great price at a local mom-and-pop print shop (I hate trimming and taping tiled plans). They can handle any file, as long as one of the dimensions is equal to, or less than 36 inches. I went with 35 inches on this one, but I can resize it to 34 inches, if that will work better for everyone.