FTFMM MARCH MADNESS - FTF STYLE!!!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Daniel, you're like me... I'll have...vanilla, strawberry, raspberry, oh and of course butter pecan, and can't forget Moose tracks... gotta have that... :D

Please set me up some entries per the first post, so I can start adding your stuff to the entry list. start and drop dates, logo, name etc. right now give me the ones you are likely to finish by next month. We can add more later. I know you are new so I don't expect old threads (unless you have them elsewhere to link to.) Climb on board!

i like black raspberry. i like almost any though. coffee ice cream (even though i dont like coffee) cookie dough, oreo, vanilla (of course), chocolate, mint, peanut butter. willing to try any!

IDEA: lets make an ice cream maker fly!

also i think the only build that i stopped over a month ago is the B.A.T. so that it is!
one question before i sign up... what is this team logo thing? can i just use my profile/avatar picture since that is my image everywhere?

also gonna have to guesstimate the build dropped date and really guesstimate the start date.

also will have to start a thread for it.

Liam B

Do it. That's more than a month put a proper entry together please and I'll add it! Let get these done.
When you finish, try building a Bloody Baby Black widow - for fun. :)

Welcome Aboard!

Haha, already done it! It’s kinda under wraps until I can get motors for it. 30” wingspan!

Entering Simple Stratofortress because i'm getting a new transmitter for easier programming:D and and a project I had envisioned since I began this hobby - the Tsunami Combat Canard :cool:(I already got Sketchup plans)

FoamyDM

i like black raspberry. i like almost any though. coffee ice cream (even though i dont like coffee) cookie dough, oreo, vanilla (of course), chocolate, mint, peanut butter. willing to try any!

IDEA: lets make an ice cream maker fly!

also i think the only build that i stopped over a month ago is the B.A.T. so that it is!
one question before i sign up... what is this team logo thing? can i just use my profile/avatar picture since that is my image everywhere?

also gonna have to guesstimate the build dropped date and really guesstimate the start date.

also will have to start a thread for it.

It can be what ever you want... I just want something to use in the bracket for that entry. Heck Mr. Miagi's Karate Kid bonsai would work.

I'm attempting to enter two projects to finish. one should be a no brainer and yield happy moments... the other may not get results and may be scrapped, or be epic.

FoamyDM

I have updated the Tourney Entry List as best I could. I will still need Links and Dates at a minimum and an icon (default is your FT Avatar

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
My Entry

i see you have already added me to the list! well i will give you some more info then. lol.

Team Daniel - 150% B.A.T. Build

team icon: 20170726_125552A.jpg

original start date: Screenshot (15).png
whenever it says that i downloaded the plans

ball drop date: about a month after i downloaded plans is when i removed it from my work space.

and what's this limitation thing? i guess i'm just trying to make it fly. find correct CG and such. make the B size motor work with it.
so limitation: maiden it successfully (without totalling it or having to use like 5 glue sticks to fix it)

edit: that picture is high res (ish) vs my profile picture was 400x300px so... if you want better quality there it is.

edit 2: also note that in the above, "B.A.T." and "Build" are seperate links. one is the original plans and the other is my build thread. in that order. also if you want links to the original build videos i will link those.

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I have updated the Tourney Entry List as best I could. I will still need Links and Dates at a minimum and an icon (default is your FT Avatar

i was writing my entry post as you posted the above. did not read it until after. well, below is the info! say, do you know how to make tiled plans?

Team TurtlesThatFly - Simple Stratofortress build
Team Icon: plane crash.jpg
Ball Drop Date:gradually stopped working on it in January and febuary (hardware installed, only things to do are programming/rudder servo rods/plans/cg)
The limitation: No matter what I set the plane to, the elevator and aileron became ailerons and there is no elevator input! The rates and expos are also not on the new Spektrum Programmer among other problems.

I also need to find the center of gravity and install the rudder control rods.

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Team TurtlesThatFly - Simple Stratofortress build
Team Icon: View attachment 102318
Original Start Date: 7/27/17
Ball Drop Date:gradually stopped working on it in January and febuary (hardware installed, only things to do are programming/rudder servo rods/plans/cg)
The limitation: No matter what I set the plane to, the elevator and aileron became ailerons and there is no elevator input! The rates and expos are also not on the new Spektrum Programmer among other problems.

I also need to find the center of gravity and install the rudder control rods.

hey your attachment link for team icon isn't working. also DARN YOU SPEKTRUM!!!!!! CON-FOUND-IT-ALL!!!!

FoamyDM

Spread The Word

I would like to ask all entered teams to see if they can get 1 or two other entries in here.

As of today I see 7 entries. Which I so great! I'm very excited.
I really want 1 more for a bracket of 8. If we each pull in another member/entry, that makes a sweet 16 brackets and THAT will be xtra FUN!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I never really abandoned the XF5F project. I was just not organized enough to budget the time to work on it. I have a week off now to get some house projects done which will help get other projects blessed by my better half (If you're not married, you'll understand in time).

Like I responded in the PM invite, this might be the kick in the pants I need to budget the time I need to see this through. Count me in.

Better late than never? I hope so. For me this is actually more about contributing to a team project that has been completely carried along by a hard charging partner who invited me in (and I'd understand if he never does again).

March is right around the corner. Time to get things together.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I never really abandoned the XF5F project. I was just not organized enough to budget the time to work on it. I have a week off now to get some house projects done which will help get other projects blessed by my better half (If you're not married, you'll understand in time).

Like I responded in the PM invite, this might be the kick in the pants I need to budget the time I need to see this through. Count me in.

Better late than never? I hope so. For me this is actually more about contributing to a team project that has been completely carried along by a hard charging partner who invited me in (and I'd understand if he never does again).

YAY!!! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Crazy Goats

I'll join if I can. I have an RVJET I should have finished a long time ago, and I didn't see anything in the rules against kit planes. But I don't have any pictures of the build before now so I'm not sure I can qualify? Will it be fine if I briefly document my current progress and then continue a log of the rest?

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I'll join if I can. I have an RVJET I should have finished a long time ago, and I didn't see anything in the rules against kit planes. But I don't have any pictures of the build before now so I'm not sure I can qualify? Will it be fine if I briefly document my current progress and then continue a log of the rest?

pretty sure you qualify. just give foamydm the date you started and stopped working on it and make a thread to post build info.

FoamyDM

Daniel's right. nothing against it. it sounds like a great approach. Start a thread. Post your progress today and a rough estimate of when you stopped. Then get cracking!

Get me some stats to post and Welcome aboard!

FoamyDM

Great to Hear Jim,
I will post a default of XF5F, JimCR120 as the team your avatar as the team logo, and drop date as: Trickled to stop January 2018. Please

So if you don't have a build thread yet, please take a moment to start one with a description of the work so far with any pictures you may have and then add an estimated last build date. Post a link here so I can update your entry.

Good luck to you and happy building!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
It's working now

*DXe (this transmitter sucks, do not get it)

i was actually looking at the dxe on the ft store because i thought it was the cheapest and they recommended it but then i found the qx7. for 10 bucks more plus rx i get like 4 times the channels plus a module bay and it talks to me and i have a microsd card slot and it comes with 60 model memory and telemetry and on and on and on.... yes, i got the white qx7 from ft but i really wish i hadn't. its a great radio but i wish i had gotten the pink or purple or maybe green or orange for bg instead. white is kinda boring.