FTFMM MARCH MADNESS - FTF STYLE!!!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
lax_1-620x348.jpg

FTFC2018.png
MARCH MADNESS CHALLENGE:
Finish one of your in-active build logs you started and dropped over a month ago.

Goal of the Challenge: To pick up that dropped ball and turn it into a slam dunk by finishing up an idle project and turning it into a complete build thread and to enrich the FT community.

Rules:
The Build must have to following:
  • (5) Team Icon!
  • (25) Build Log - A series of photos and descriptions of your efforts highlighting difficult or custom pieces to your build. or a build video.
    (5) Statement of Inspiration with photos and links
    (5) Pictures/writup throughout build
    (5) Write up (it is possible blind people may check this sight out and have their computer read the page...and pictures don't translate well... however unlikely)
    (5) Documentation of custom details
  • (5) Plans or link to creators build log.
  • (5) Maiden Flight documentation- Show us it your attempted to fly it. [REQUIRED]
  • (5) Post Project Take-away - Words of wisdom for other modelers following your lead.
    Extra Credit
  • (15) Submit A Build Article
a post of the screen capture works here.

Challenge Start: Upon Entry Declaration (see "Team Entry" below)
Challenge End: Build Log to be complete (maiden Vid) by March 26st.

Team Entry:
Post a Declaration of your "Team" Entry in the Following Format:
Team [Pilot] - [aircraft Entry] build (linked)
Team Icon:
Original Start Date:
Ball Drop Date:
Any Limitation to the contest entry

Example:
Team FoamyDM - VF-9 build
Team Icon:
Fullview_Macross.png

Original Start Date: 9-21-16
Ball Drop Date: 12-21-16
Limitation Only PHASE 1 of the project (flight)​

How the Tournament Works
The Build Log Scoring as per above, is to determine "Team" Placement, in FTF March Madness Tournament Bracket.

A new Thread will be started posted with the Bracket. We fill a blank out with our predictions and post. Over the next week (two or three days per bracket level) The FTFMM "Teams" and community will drum up support and use the polls to garner support and interest for each "Game". The POLE winner moves onto the next bracket.

Prize: Pride and Bragging Rights and a Custom Avatar Icon.

What we need for Challenge success:
for March Madness to be a success, I will need a minimum of 8 entries, preferably 16 to make this work. I have no Idea if I can pull this off but I know if we join together as a community - anything is possible. Moderators I may need your advise/help on how specially to get it work.

In the mean time LETS GET CRACKING, and finish what we started!

Last edited:

FoamyDM

TEAM ENTRY LIST

TEAM ENTRY LIST

Entry 1
Team Icon:
Fullview_Macross.png

Limitation Only PHASE 1 of the project (flight)

Entry 2
Team FoamyDM - LPL Flying Submarine
Team Icon:
attachment.php

Original Start Date: 9-20-17
Ball Drop Date: 12-28-17
Limitation: Waterproof Version capable of Water Landings.

Entry 3
Team Name: Team RockyBoy's Monster FW-42
Team Icon:
attachment.php

Original Start Date: 9-27-17
Ball Drop Date: 11-20-17
Limitation Only PHASE 1 of the project (maiden flight)

Entry 4
Team Name: Team ELEV8 RC's Northrop P-61 Black Widow
Team Icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: 1/22/17
Ball Drop Date: 1/24/18

Entry 5
Team Name: Team SPONZ's Bloody Brit
Team Icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: 10/2/17
Ball Drop Date: 10/10/17

Entry 6
Team Name: Team Turtlesthatfly's Simple Stratofortress
Team Icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: 7/27/17
Ball Drop Date:gradually stopped working on it in January and febuary (hardware installed, only things to do are programming/rudder servo rods/plans/cg)
The limitation: No matter what I set the plane to, the elevator and aileron became ailerons and there is no elevator input! The rates and expos are also not on the new Spektrum Programmer among other problems.

I also need to find the center of gravity and install the rudder control rods.

Entry 7
Team Name: Team DanielKezar's 150% B.A.T Build
Team Icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: November 22, 2017
Ball Drop Date: December 22, 2017

Entry 8
Team Name: Team JimCR120 XF5F project
Team Icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: It's been a while
Ball Drop Date: Trickled to a slow drip late 2017.

Entry 9
Team Name: Team Crazygoat RVJET Build
Team Icon: CGRVjet.JPG
Original Start Date:8/1/17
Ball Drop Date: December 2017
Limitation: Having issues with pixhawk, lacking motivation, don't know anything about autopilot.

Entry 9
Team Name: Damo RC (Fat Albert C-130)
Team Icon:
attachment.php

Original Start Date:~14th October 2017
Ball Drop Date:17th December 2017

Entry 10
Team Name: Team Grifflyer: Dewoitine D.520
Team Icon:
View attachment 102618
Original start date:6/28/17
Ball drop date:7/21/17
Limitation: None

Entry 11
Team Name Daniel Kezar - FT Simple Soarer (no motor) Build
(It will be a build thread because I did film the build. just have to edit it together.)
Team icon:
image.php

start date: 10/5/2017 at 9:31 am.
ball drop date: 12/1/2017 at 11:19 pm.

Entry 12
Team Name: Team Fidget - Magnificent Frigatebird (plans)
Team Icon:
attachment.php

Original Start Date: 7/26/17
Ball Drop Date: 7/27/17

Entry 13
Team Name: Team AP RR1k (Rascal Racer 1000)
Team icon:
image.php

Original Start Date: 16/04
Ball Drop Date: 16/05

Attachments

• crazygoat.JPG
    crazygoat.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

FoamyDM

TEAM FoamyDM - VF-9 build

I'm in!
Team Icon:
Fullview_Macross.png

Limitation Only PHASE 1 of the project (flight)​

FoamyDM

Ooh, ooh, Me to!

Team FoamyDM - Flying Submarine
Team Icon: LPLFS-iconsm.JPG
Original Start Date: 9-20-17
Ball Drop Date: 12-28-17
Limitation Waterproof Version capable of Water Landings.​

Attachments

• LPLFS-icon.jpg
    LPLFS-icon.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Oh yeah - you've got me on this one! :p

Team RockyBoy's Monster FW-42
Team Icon: RB_Penguin.png
Original Start Date: 9-27-17
Ball Drop Date: 11-20-17
Limitation Only PHASE 1 of the project (maiden flight)

This baby sat for two months collecting dust in my workshop, and even when I tried to restart in mid-January it rapidly stalled out again. But now I have a target for the maiden flight! And it's far enough before FFOhio! :)

20180127_090033_HDR-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Question - does the original start date need to be when we started the build log, or can it be when we started/acquired the project?

Example, I have a restoration project I purchased, did an hours work on, and then it's sat in a corner since last October. But I didn't start a build log. (I do have a post in a thread somewhere talking about when I bought it though for proof of age... )

And do dormant restoration projects and/or ARF customizations qualify?

FoamyDM

Teams updated

@Sponz - Come Join us. I'm curious to see what you plan to finish!

The worst that happens is a kick in the butt :p

FoamyDM

Question - does the original start date need to be when we started the build log, or can it be when we started/acquired the project?

Example, I have a restoration project I purchased, did an hours work on, and then it's sat in a corner since last October. But I didn't start a build log. (I do have a post in a thread somewhere talking about when I bought it though for proof of age... )

And do dormant restoration projects and/or ARF customizations qualify?

Rockyboy - Yup any dormant project counts. just know in the Tournament the poll with weigh how involved the project is. and success and you convey it in your write-up. It's up to the pollsters. so if your customization is Wheel pants, I doubt it will beat out, vectorizing a RTF edf.

If we have enough entries I will try to group like projects for division champs. (if we have enough entries.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Too bad I used my discovery V2 for the build-uary, I designed the original chuck glider in march of last year and it has done nothing till earlier this year lol.

FoamyDM

so what is this build-ruary thing and that does FTFMM stand for? flite test forum march madness?

YES on the FTFMM
It stemmed from a side comment about why some member wouldn't try the Build-Ruary challenge (too many dropped projects) and I thought I bet they are the only one! (like me twice over). ^_^

The Build-Ruary thing is my challenge to the Forum here to capitalize on some of these amazing FTF challenges and the Bloody Baby thread that just blew up with almost 19 day builds of micro Baby Baron style builds of everyone's favorite planes. I noticed I had a VERY long list of planes I wanted to build. Also it's coming close to fly season for us americans, Its a good excuse to get some new planes to have ready for fun this summer.

Psst - Join Both, you know you want to. :D

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
YES on the FTFMM
It stemmed from a side comment about why some member wouldn't try the Build-Ruary challenge (too many dropped projects) and I thought I bet they are the only one! (like me twice over). ^_^

The Build-Ruary thing is my challenge to the Forum here to capitalize on some of these amazing FTF challenges and the Bloody Baby thread that just blew up with almost 19 day builds of micro Baby Baron style builds of everyone's favorite planes. I noticed I had a VERY long list of planes I wanted to build. Also it's coming close to fly season for us americans, Its a good excuse to get some new planes to have ready for fun this summer.

Psst - Join Both, you know you want to. :D

so just build a bunch of random plane designs?
well i have a VERY long list of things i want to build.
that list includes: ALL THE FT PLANES and ALL THE PLANES DESIGNED BY THE FT COMMUNITY. thats just to start. then i will expand into ALL THE PLANES I CAN FIND. then go into gassers and balsa builds.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Teams updated

@Sponz - Come Join us. I'm curious to see what you plan to finish!

The worst that happens is a kick in the butt :p

I would go with the Bloody Brit. Started on 10/2, ball dropped shortly there after (10/10). LOL. Design actually started way before that, but that is when I started the build thread.

Probably wasn't the design you were hoping for, but that one won't be done by March. :black_eyed:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
well.... im going to finish my 150% B.A.T. and maybe build the simple cub. i should also minwax my simple soarer and maiden it.

FoamyDM

I would go with the Bloody Brit. Started on 10/2, ball dropped shortly there after (10/10). LOL. Design actually started way before that, but that is when I started the build thread.

Probably wasn't the design you were hoping for, but that one won't be done by March. :black_eyed:

Not a problem. You can always submit another if you find you get more time... Welcome.
Shoot me a logo and team name and I'll put it in.

FoamyDM

well.... im going to finish my 150% B.A.T. and maybe build the simple cub. i should also minwax my simple soarer and maiden it.

Daniel, you're like me... I'll have...vanilla, strawberry, raspberry, oh and of course butter pecan, and can't forget Moose tracks... gotta have that... :D

Please set me up some entries per the first post, so I can start adding your stuff to the entry list. start and drop dates, logo, name etc. right now give me the ones you are likely to finish by next month. We can add more later. I know you are new so I don't expect old threads (unless you have them elsewhere to link to.) Climb on board!