Generator needed for giant 25' flite fest build

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
My friend Aiden (planiac01) and I are planning on building a 25' motor glider at flite fest this year. We planned to work on it all of Wednesday and Thursday night but we heard that the main generators are shut off due to noise restrictions. This means we need a generator to power our glue guns and lights for the overnight building. Or a enough lipos to power two adtech pro 200s overnight. I think I'm posting this in the right place but I'm new to the forums so let me know.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
If the main generators are shut off at night so people can sleep . . . Would it really be nice to run your own while people are trying to sleep?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
The main generators are very loud though compared to the quiet Honda ones that the campers are allowed to bring. That's why on the registration for a campsite they say that only small, quiet generators are allowed. They are allowed because they can be run in the night without waking people up.

DharanFlyer

Seem to remember last year that there was a time cut off for all generators. Only supposed to run during the day/early evening. Then when it cools off they were shut down.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
That's sounds like a good idea, if we could get enough people to build it all on Thursday that could work, but we would need a ton of help.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Colemen lanterns, Hurricane lamps..... won't be the first thing done in semi lit camping conditions.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
You can also get some amount of time with a car battery and an inverter. I don't know if the 200 watt glue guns constantly draw full power or not. If so, you will only get an hour or two from a group 24 battery. But, with planning (or an 8D :) ), an inverter might help.

Mike