Gorilla glue hot sticks???

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hello dughawk.
I hadn't heard that Gorilla was making glue sticks now. I do like their glues and tape. If they're looking to hold a reputation I would expect something good.

Since you're new to posting in our forum maybe you'd be so kind as to give a brief intro about yourself. Where in the world do you fly? How long have you been in the hobby? What are you currently flying/building/interested in?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I used them for my SE 5 as well as the Caudron build and I liked how well it grabbed the foam as well as the way it came out of the glue gun.

pdxflight

I also get them at Joanne's. But only when I get a 50% off coupon. I bought a Adtek Pro80 for $15 with same coupon and they just had a sale on them. I do notice they bubble more than the Joanne sticks, but it does not seem to matter

FastCrash45

Elite member
Hello dughawk.
I hadn't heard that Gorilla was making glue sticks now. I do like their glues and tape. If they're looking to hold a reputation I would expect something good.

Since you're new to posting in our forum maybe you'd be so kind as to give a brief intro about yourself. Where in the world do you fly? How long have you been in the hobby? What are you currently flying/building/interested in?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim
I use gorilla glues sticks in building parts of my cigar box guitars. If the parts are clean, dry, and the glue gun is hot before using them, it HOLDS just like their orignal glue and their super glue. I plan on using the gorilla sticks on my mini scout with no fear. Dries clear when using small amounts too!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks for the thread, dughawk! I think what you're seeing is a mix of those that absolutely love those glue sticks, and those that don't care, so long as the glue sticks. We are unlikely to see many posts from the other side of the debate, because well, we don't care. So long as the glue sticks.

I took the FT advice, and I only buy the clear sticks of glue. I get them at Walmart for three dollars for a pack of ten. Bigger packs are a little more, but pretty much chump change.

Is it worth the extra money for the Gorilla Glue sticks? I don't know. I haven't used them. Then why am I posting? Well, because I can't help myself ;) and if the cheap stuff works just fine, why spend more? We're not building skyscrapers. If good enough is good enough, then I don't need to spend the extra money for better than good enough. My poor planes won't last long enough for the glue to fail, anyway. :)

FastCrash45

Elite member
Thanks for the thread, dughawk! I think what you're seeing is a mix of those that absolutely love those glue sticks, and those that don't care, so long as the glue sticks. We are unlikely to see many posts from the other side of the debate, because well, we don't care. So long as the glue sticks.

I took the FT advice, and I only buy the clear sticks of glue. I get them at Walmart for three dollars for a pack of ten. Bigger packs are a little more, but pretty much chump change.

Is it worth the extra money for the Gorilla Glue sticks? I don't know. I haven't used them. Then why am I posting? Well, because I can't help myself ;) and if the cheap stuff works just fine, why spend more? We're not building skyscrapers. If good enough is good enough, then I don't need to spend the extra money for better than good enough. My poor planes won't last long enough for the glue to fail, anyway. :)
I got my gorilla gluesticks because they were on special with a discount. I got 40 of the short sticks for $5 shipped. With all the piezo pickups and my heavy build of my mini scout I still have 25 left. I'm sure I'll be going to standard FT long sticks once I run out. I figure I've got 5 planes worth of gorilla sticks if I can get a good glue gun probably more. Fixed income keeps me in check on prices.😎

I got my gorilla gluesticks because they were on special with a discount. I got 40 of the short sticks for $5 shipped. With all the piezo pickups and my heavy build of my mini scout I still have 25 left. I'm sure I'll be going to standard FT long sticks once I run out. I figure I've got 5 planes worth of gorilla sticks if I can get a good glue gun probably more. Fixed income keeps me in check on prices.😎

@FastCrash45, Howling Right On Bro! I get coupons from me local Wally World, and one is always Gorilla products. But me has some other cheep-cheaper stuff that bonds just as well. The only thing I found the white foggy stuff is good for is... Seals. On projects that require some type of dust or waterproof seal, and I can't get Goop to work... there ya go.