Gremlin not responding to transmitter

NoahComprende

I just finished building my gremlin and everything went exactly according to the build video, until the end. Once disconnected from the computer it doesn't respond to the transmitter controls. When connected to Betaflight in the "receiver' tab, it responds just like it should. The colored bars move side to side and the monitor picture responds to my transmitter inputs. Again in Betaflight, the motors spin up like they are supposed to in the "motors" tab and I was able to get them spinning the right way in BL HELI. When I disconnect from all of that and try to spin up the motors with the transmitter, nothing happens. Also, when I disconnect from the battery and then reconnect, the receiver keeps going into bind mode but even after I re-bind, the gremlin doesn't respond.

It seems to be some kind of simple transmitter setup issue since the gremlin is set up correctly according to the computer software, but I sure can't figure out what it is. Please help me figure this out as it is getting very frustrating.

Thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds like you have version incompatibility between the Gui and the firmware on the quad going on. Not sure what is going on with the rebind thing. does your receiver require the jumper to bind? if so have you removed it after it is bound?

Make sure the gui you have is the newest as the 10.0 and lower will not work with new firmware targets for the FC's

NoahComprende

I updated the firmware on the transmitter to the newest version and still nothing from the motors. The lights on the board react by blinking differently when I move the arm and mode switches on the transmitter so the quad seems to be getting the signal, but the motors won't turn when I give throttle input. Again, it seems like some basic programming set up issue but I don't know where to look or how to fix it.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you set up an arm switch? If not you have to use the sticks to arm. I would put it on a switch so you don't accidentally disarm in flight. modes small.jpg

NoahComprende

Did you set up an arm switch? If not you have to use the sticks to arm. I would put it on a switch so you don't accidentally disarm in flight. View attachment 106189

I did set up an Arm switch according to TJ's instructions. I put it on Aux 1 and moved the slider in Betaflight all the way to the left just like he did. The motors don't respond when the Aux 1 switch is in any position.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok at this point I will need to see some video of what you are doing and how the quad is responding both ways as well as screen shots for each page in the gui if possible. I am heading up to fly and will be back in a few hours and I will check in on this thread.

NoahComprende

That video took care of the problem. It turns out the throttle on the transmitter wasn't going below the min-check on the board and it wasn't allowing it to arm. I adjusted the throttle endpoint on the transmitter until betaflight told me it was below the min-check value and now I'm good to go.

Thank you all for your help.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Good to hear :) About your other issue of the Rx always going into bind mode, make sure that you always power on the Tx and select the correct model before powering up the quad. This should prevent the Rx from going into auto-bind.

Good luck with the maiden :D