Gremlin Soldering Problem

NoahComprende

When I was soldering up the board for the Gremlin, one of the "boot" pads, the 3 V solder pad delivering power to the receiver, came off of the board. Is there any way around this problem or do I need to buy a new board? Does the other "boot" pad deliver 3 V also? Could I solder the receiver wire to the corresponding location on the under side of the board, or is that a separate circuit?

I had everything soldered up correctly but was having trouble getting the transmitter / receiver to register correctly in betaflight. When I was double checking all of the connections, the receiver wire and 3 V boot pad pulled off.

Thanks for the help.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It sounds like when you did the original build you wayy over heated the board. So I will assume your soldering skills are in the early stages. A fix for the issue you have would take precision soldering level skills to fix. I would go with the new board and use that one to practice soldering on.

This may help you understand how easy it is to solder and not damage gear as well as do a much neater jobs.

Bricks

Master member
Agree with PsyBorg as long as the board may be toast you can try and fix it. If you can find the foil which the pad came off of you can use a drag method to reconnect the pad. Little long and hard to explain do a goggle search how to drag solder.