Solved Gremlin V2 or Gremi on a Hemi? Diving into the FPV Quad scene.

luvmy40

Elite member
I've got a few of the cheapo, chicom mini quads with FPV. None fly for long on charge or fly well if there is any air movement at all. Fun indoors but pretty much useless outside. I want to dive in with a higher quality machine that doesn't take a second mortgage to finance.

I'm looking at either the Guardian Gremlin V2 or the Gremi on a Hemi kits. It looks to me like the Gremi on a Hemi would be the more stable/versatile choice and would allow me to grow into it more than the Guardian. However, I'm quite sure I would be happy to have the rotor guards during my learning stages.

Any thoughts or which way would be my best bang for the buck. How big a deal would it be to mount some guards on the Hemi? Is the hemi the better, more stable platform? I really don't even know which questions to ask at this point. Also, I am assuming that I can just set up a quad profile on my RadioMaster TX16, correct? No need for a dedicated transmitter?

Thanks!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I've got a few of the cheapo, chicom mini quads with FPV. None fly for long on charge or fly well if there is any air movement at all. Fun indoors but pretty much useless outside. I want to dive in with a higher quality machine that doesn't take a second mortgage to finance.

I'm looking at either the Guardian Gremlin V2 or the Gremi on a Hemi kits. It looks to me like the Gremi on a Hemi would be the more stable/versatile choice and would allow me to grow into it more than the Guardian. However, I'm quite sure I would be happy to have the rotor guards during my learning stages.

Any thoughts or which way would be my best bang for the buck. How big a deal would it be to mount some guards on the Hemi? Is the hemi the better, more stable platform? I really don't even know which questions to ask at this point. Also, I am assuming that I can just set up a quad profile on my RadioMaster TX16, correct? No need for a dedicated transmitter?

Thanks!
The Hemi kit could be a handful for a beginner, and a ton-o-fun for an intermediate/advanced flyer.
The V2 will help reduce broken props if you're a beginner, but you can still break the frame, of course.
You can also take a look at Josh Bardwell's Ultimate FPV List on FPVKnowItAll.com for a ton of other options.

luvmy40

Elite member
Thanks!
I ordered the Guardian Gremlin V2 kit. I'm kinda' bummed that I can't use the FlySky micro 4 channel receivers that I have, but that's the way it goes.

luvmy40

Elite member
I got the Gremlin today and put it together. I had a devil of a time soldering the connections on the flight controller board. The pads did not want to take any solder. No amount of flux seemed to help. I wound up going to a larger tip than I would normally use and heating them longer than I like. The signal pad for the receiver started to delaminate, but I think I got it to take and not brake the trace. I dabbed it with hot glue to keep it solid. I'll find out if it works tomorrow when I start configuring things.

Crophopper

Got the Guardian Gremlin together and can’t figure out the programming. My son and I are total rookies at using beta flight and he is bummed because I can’t figure it out with the videos.