Guinea pig power problems

Luftgucker

Flying the Guinea pig with the recommended Emaxx GT 2215/09 motors and the stock E maxx Heli ESC 40 ah and the stock propellers on 2x 3s 2200mh batteries parallel gives me 2-3 min till my telemetry tells me low power 11.8 volt and my Dx9 transmitter rapidly beeps ,flying with a single 3s 3300 mh battery gives me 2min flight time till the same thing happens???
Neither motor or ESC are really hot??
Testing the set up with the Hobby King HK-010 Power Analyzer :2x3 S 2200 mh shows : 35,7 AH Full power/ 412 Watts ,Can somebody please tell me why my flight time is this short ?
The motors turn freely no binding,like i said stock recommended set up!!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You can safely discharge your lipo's to 3.5v/cell - 10.5v total. The alarms in your Tx should be adjustable.

Luftgucker

Its not a battery issue, looks like the power set up (recommended from Flite test) isn't working as it should! Any Guinea pig owners can pitch in and tell about their flight time and the size of battery they are using?

Ray K

Ray K
I used a 3S 5500 mah when I was still flying mine. Came down to 3.5 on the alarm, got about 5.5 minutes, depending on how hard I pushed. Good plane, even though I did a terrible job on the build. I will note that I'm not the prop-hanging type, so that's probably a factor.

Edit: I got the speed build kit and C-pack from FT for the build, all standard stuff. The battery is a Zop 45 C from one of the Chinese outfits.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Yeah I think it's a radio/telemetry setting issue. 11.8V is still at 3.93V per cell. I'd run it down to around 3.8V per cell before landing. That would put you at 11.4V total for the battery. So see if you can squeeze a little but more out of it, and see what sort of flight times you get. I'd say you may be getting about 5-6 minutes. Now that's kinda basing on just a single 3S pack. The parallel hookup would increase your MaH giving you longer flight times. But regardless, as long as your telemetry is hooked up correctly, you should be able to run the plane til it's around 3.8-3.85V per cell. And some may recommend even running it lower.