Having a go at 3D design and printing with Anet A8

sumone

I got my First 3D printer a few weeks ago (Anet A8).
And thought i would try a few simple designs i whipped up and see how they would print.
some are printed in draft quality just to see how it went.
I wish i could get my head around fusion as the shell tool would make my pods a much better design and i could make the rear of the pod funnel down to the motor mount (more streamlined).

horn cad.jpg
horn on printer.jpg
horn printed.jpg
arm cad open.jpg
arm cad.jpg
arm print 1.jpg
arm print 2.jpg
pod 2 cad.jpg
pod 2 fin open.jpg
pod 2 fin.jpg
pod1 cad closed.JPG
pod1 cad exploded.JPG
Have not tested my last design yet as it's a long print and not really what I need.

I fixed the stringing issue (retract setting)

I would like to see more flying wing pods others have designed but there isn't to many about.
I have a pod design in my head that would be perfect for my flying wing that i build and fly but don't yet have the cad skills to get it how i want it.

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have a A8 too, I will soon be making a flying wing with a 3d printed electronics pod. I don't know exactly when but it should come within a month hopefully.
Good luck with your printer, I did a fair amount of upgrades on mine but now it works perfectly!
You can PM me if you want to know about the upgrades and stuff.

sumone

I have a A8 too, I will soon be making a flying wing with a 3d printed electronics pod. I don't know exactly when but it should come within a month hopefully.
Good luck with your printer, I did a fair amount of upgrades on mine but now it works perfectly!
You can PM me if you want to know about the upgrades and stuff.

Thats cool .
Please share your design when u get it finished.