hello from the PNW

Vwheels65

hey all, so I found the Flite test guys while I was looking at quadcopters on Youtube, and loved what they did/do. I saw a review they did on the Bonsai from HK, and because of that I bought one. That also happens to be the reason I am here, but there will be a post for that else where.

I started in RC 20 years ago, but never had any success. A few years back I found the Parkzone Vapor and I picked up a DX7 and a few other Parkzone park flyers (cub and the p-51). I have enjoyed flying those around, but I was wanting something bigger and faster and the quad/tri-copters seem like they would be a good time. I am just getting into the electric flight and am a noob when it comes to the picking out a flight system (esc/motor/battery). I like to think I learn fast but sometimes not fast enough.

I work for Boeing and enjoy lots of free time (mostly at work). I studied (but never finished) engineering at ASU, so I am good with math but my writing skills suck (thank goodness for spell check). I live next to a medium size park so that is where I end up flying the most. I hope to jump into quadcopters and FPV, but I need to get over the current hurdle I am dealing with, see "smoked AR400" (to be posted soon).

Anyway, its good to be here. Lets hope I can help as much as I need to be helped.

Thanks.

Josh

earthsciteach

Welcome to the forum! Respect to the Seahawks from a Broncos fan!

Be careful with those multirotors, they are seriously addictive. There is something about that additional degree of freedom that stimulates the brain cells in a way that fixed wing can't. Beware of the dark side!

Vwheels65

Thanks for the welcome and the warning! I think the wife would want me to heed your warning, but it is too late. I have plans to get the anycopter kit or the knuckle quad kit from flite test as soon as I learn a few more details about electric flight
. They seem like great starter kits.

William A

Billy did it....
Howdy Josh, I'm also in PNW. Even used to be a IAM member, refrigeration mechanic in the Tacoma ports. I'm ILWU now.

Where abouts you at ?, I'm at the south/east end of Tacoma. They tell me it's Spanaway but I refuse.

Slobberknocker

Checking in from Spokane! I stumbled across the FT guys on YouTube a couple months ago. I've been flying rc for 20+ years now and I'm looking to get onto FPV.

skindoc

Seattle checking in

#gohawks

I'm just getting into the hobby - my two young children are fascinated with planes, trains and cars - so I'm lurking in this forum trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible. I recently built a knuckle quad and got it to fly with a i86 control board, which sounds like a miracle based on what I've been reading about this particular board. I've got a Versa wing in the works and have a FT Cruiser on the way. My kids really enjoy cutting parts, soldering, playing with props and geeking out with me. Perhaps we can set up a PAC NW fly-in sometime ? I've been dreaming of a glider FPV flight over the canyons in Ellensburg some day ... I do some hunting out there - it's gorgeous !

biscuit306

Hi there Im a multirotor fan from Seattle, I'm looking for others to fly with and go on some adventures also any ideas on new places to film FPV? I have been thinking of going over to the peninsula checking out some lighthouses and other things over there, I know there is at least one other Flight Test member over there

-Justin

shortbus1989

I do random gravitychecks
Been following FT for some time and finally joined the forums today. Nice to see some in my area are in the hobby as well. I'm in the Spokane area and I just finished building my first quad, I must say they are quite addictive. If anyone is in the Spokane area and wants to fly let me know.

Ratdog68

Checking in from Seattle (well, part of the time). I work in Alaska for at least half the year. Got a Go Pro camera for Christmas and it sparked an interest in RC. Brand new to the hobby, have a Blade 350 QX3 delivered to home, waiting to get there to unbox it. Also have a Bixler plane coming. Went with a DX6i radio. Have a Blade Pico QX pocket-copter coming to the job site so I have SOMETHING to tinker with before I can get home. Had a couple of cheap RC cars 30yrs ago, but never had anything that flies. Looking forward to learning something new in the hand-eye coordination category.

Stumbled onto FT on YouTube while researching the hobby selections for fixed wing and fling wings... watched most all of their YouTubes already, and wondering when the store will get product in (power packs, etc.). Hobby King and Horizon Hobby have gotten my money for now. Can't sell what you don't have. Looking forward to doing some Speed Build kits and some scratch built multi-rotors eventually.

Last edited: