Help!

jrsaurusrex

Hi all,

I've followed the hobby and flight test for awhile, but im new to building quads. I picked up a gremlin kit, a marvel vision 2 headset, and a spektrum DXe transmitter.
The build went great, everything checks out, except one thing. After a lot of trouble shooting the quad and controller seem to be working, until i unplug everything from the computer and try to control the quad with my DXe.

-In beta flight the arm switch changes the throttle value (to a static value) instead of an aux switch value, and from there the throttle value changes when the throttle stick moves. weird but okay.
-try it on quad, flip arm switch, nothing. no motors move, throttle stick does nothing.
-changed one of the aux slots in the spektrum programmer to be the arm switch.
-back in beta flight, the arm switch now moves the throttle value, and an aux value.
-set aux value to arm in beta flight. and unplug everything.
-try DXe on quad. nothing. lights flash when arm switch is flipped, no motor movement, throttle does nothing.

From what i can tell, the quad is and everything works (including motors when testing in betaflight). I can only assume its the transmitter. But everywhere i look, little to no info on DXe transmitter, spektrum programmer tool is basically useless both on pc and mobile. I just want to fly my new mini quad and it seems ready to go. I just cant control it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds to me like your channel mapping is not matched to what the radio is set to or you have the arm switch set up as a throttle hold. I would check the manual and see what that radio uses for default channel mapping. look for something that will say TAER or AETR or similar. Then set that same mapping up in the gui so it matches the radio. I believe that radio is defaulted to TAER but I could be wrong as I am not a spectrum guy.

jrsaurusrex

As i understand it, it is a TAER device. I think all spektrums are. The issue is, its a spektrum DXe so no screen on the radio, which means i have to use the spektrum programmer software to setup my model, which feels very clunky and basic and doesnt allow for very much customization. The throttle source is set to throttle (which i assume is the throttle stick). Im set to mode 2 so that should be the left stick up and down, which is what beta flight confirms after my arm switch is flipped. The arm switch (which is a default switch on the DXe, at the top right) is set to nothing in the channel maps by default so i set one of the AUX values to the arm switch in hopes that it would change from being mapped as part of the throttle and instead as its own aux switch that i could then set in beta flight. Everything appears to work in betaflight, all the sticks and some of the switches that i set change the values. But when i unplug from the computer and try radio to quad, nothing. Motors dont move. There no response out side of the little red light that flashes when i hit switches. in case it matters, im using the Femto F3 that comes with the gremlin kit, and the DSMX serial receiver for spektrum.

Below are a couple screen shots.

-first is the spektrum programmer showing the throttle channel map which is not able to be changed.
-second is betaflight with arm switch off.
-third betaflight with arm switch on.
-and forth betaflight modes screen with my settings.

Attachments

• spektrum_snip.PNG
    spektrum_snip.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BF_snip_armoff.PNG
    BF_snip_armoff.PNG
    177 KB · Views: 0
  • BF_snip_armon.PNG
    BF_snip_armon.PNG
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
  • BF_snip_modes.PNG
    BF_snip_modes.PNG
    109.2 KB · Views: 0

DharanFlyer

I was just helping a friend with this same issue.

The official response we got from Flite Test is that the DXe will not bind to the Gremlin. We could not get it to work and he reached out and that was the answer we got back.

I lent him my old DX6i and he got it up and running on that.

Here is the page for Horizon Hobby on the Tx. Limited compatibility.