High School FPV Racing Club

TROJ

Hello all,
My friend and I have been considering starting an FPV racing club at our school. We plan on racing on the school's track or football field, although we may also do some flying in the woods behind the school. We are hoping to get funds from somewhere so we could purchase a few quads for club use. We are mainly looking at the Versacopter with the racing quad electronics pack and for fpv, we will use the newer Quanum goggles. Do you have any recommendations for inexpensive but reliable flight controllers? And we would also like some inexpensive but reliable transmitters and receivers, we were looking at the Hobbyking ones. We werent sure which part of the forum to post this in as it encompasses many subjects, our aplogies if it is in the wrong place.

Thanks

Well, as for a cheap but reliable FC I fly both the flip1.5 and the Flip32+. I like the Flip32+($25-$3% depending on where you look and shipping), a clone of the naze32 full board (baro and mag), as its easier to configure in cleanflight than the flip1.5 in the arduino editor. There is also just the Flip32 which is the naze32 acro, just flip version. I've never flown just the Flip32, not the +, but id imagine it's the same minus the mag and baro sensors.

multigp

This is definitely the right place to post these kinds of topics. Where are you located? Depending on the city there may be a local vendor willing to offer a price break to help a local school.

For price you can get a good flight controller out of a Naze32 or a CC3D. FrSky has some really affordable transmitters and receivers for those starting off.

TexasTeacher

Ready to Crash
Man this would be a blast. When we have the funds i really want to get this going here at my school and try to host events.