Hobbico going bankrupt?

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Sad news yesterday Hobbico files for bankruptcy

I'm a Tower member and have supported them for years and have a T-Craft kit build by great Planes and an Extra 300 60kit in the box and am really sad to hear about this. I guess if your interested in kit builds by Great Planes you better stock up now.

On another note, this may be an opportunity for Flight Test to pick up a balsa plane company?

I'm super sad to be losing this resource and for the employees of these great American companies.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
This is a Chapter 11 filing. The purpose of Chapter 11 is to maintain viability for the business while seeking relief from creditors.

GOING bankrupt is more closely aligned with Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy. (Although businesses can and do give up an go with Chapter 7).

epiper93

I read that the people they owe the most money to is Futaba. I’m curious as to how they lose money they haven’t added very many new products in the past 5 years or so. At least for Air stuff. Don’t know about surface. I’ve been saying for a long time Hobbico needs to match horizon with some good quality BNF planes and a Newer more user friendly offering for a transmitter whether that’s a futaba or not I’m not entirely sure. I can’t believe that a lot of futaba radios still have a 20-30 model memory. I’ve been flying spektrum since 2011 and my DX6i was the only thing I’ve had from them that hasn’t had expandable memory.