Horizon Hobby Customer Service Statement

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Did anyone else see this on the HH website?

Articles
A message to you from our CEO

Written By: Horizon HobbyPosted: 2012-05-24

To our customers,

I’m sure many of you have experienced much frustration recently due to the continued unavailability of key Horizon products and parts, and I sincerely apologize for that. Unfortunately, we made two significant mistakes. First, we misjudged the capacity of our factories to produce the products that we needed. Second, we compounded that by underestimating the demand for those products by people like you. We've been playing catch-up since this problem was first identified in early 2012.

We have not provided the service that you deserve. Throughout April and May, shipments have been arriving almost daily. While we are seeing our ability to ship orders improve, we will not be back to where we should be until early July for the availability of Horizon-branded products. No one at Horizon is happy about this situation, and we are working feverishly to solve both the short term and the long term problems.

We are committed to restoring our service level to you. Please don’t judge us by my words alone, but by our actions to improve our service levels. We appreciate your business and hope that you will let us prove to you that we can turn this situation around.

Sincerely,

Joe Ambrose
President & CEO

earthsciteach

One of my 8th grade students and I were having a discussion about HH vs HK just this morning. Another student in our club owns the 800mm T-28 sold by BH, NP and (I think) HK. It is a great flying little airplane and Cappy V, AKA Captain Crash (student #1) was considering buying it from student #2 as he wants a plane with landing gear. I told him he'd be much happier with a larger airplane as the 800mm are so light and bouncy that I don't even bother with landing gear on mine. Anyway, the discussion turned to the Durafly Corsair from HK vs the updated Corsair by PZ. His take is, even though the Durafly has more bells and whistles for a good bit less money, he'd rather spend the extra money on the PZ and have the outstanding customer service.

Moral of the story - if an 8th grader (who are barely functional sub-human beings at best) can recognize the value in the service HH offers, then they must be doing one hell of a job!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Horizon. My experience with them has been outstanding!

Rcjim11

Moral of the story - if an 8th grader (who are barely functional sub-human beings at best) can recognize the value in the service HH offers, then they must be doing one hell of a job!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Horizon. My experience with them has been outstanding!

Another thing apart from their exceptional service is that you actually spend more on the plane rather than half the price on shipping!

chubso

I bought a used (NIB) DX6i on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. It had the apparently well known bad potentiometer problem.
Having not purchased it new from a dealer I figured I would simply pay for the repair. To add to it Toledo was coming up and I had the brilliant idea that I could drop the transmitter off with them there and save the postage. This kind of thing usually never works out for me.
I got the transmitter back today (about 2 weeks after the show). It is functional. Both gimbals were replaced. The software was updated to the latest. And the transmitter was returned to me. Total cost to me? $0.00.
I am just getting into the hobby and am very impressed with this kind of service.

Well done HH.

PS: Other than fixing my transmitter for free I have no connection to HH.

Thanks

chubso