Solved How do i get the molded airfoils?

RossFPV

I noticed some people having a smooth airfoil instead of the crease marks at the spar, how do you do it and what are the pros and cons of doing it?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I noticed some people having a smooth airfoil instead of the crease marks at the spar, how do you do it and what are the pros and cons of doing it?

Its a pretty common building technique, especially with master series-style planes. Check out one of the older build videos- Overstreet is like the Bob Ross of foamboard. Basically, you remove the paper from one side of the foamboard and shape it on the edge of a table or countertop. You may lose a little strength, but the curves are much smoother.

RossFPV

Im just not sure if i remove the paper the whole way to the end, especially with ailerons.

quorneng

Master member
A smooth top surface does create a more efficient wing in that it has less drag for the same amount of lift so requires that much less power to fly or it can fly a bit faster on the same power.
Of course whether you are likely to notice the difference will heavily depend on the aerodynamics of the rest of the plane.

RossFPV

I did it and it is my most beautiful wing ever. too anyone else about to try it, do it and you wont regret it! 👍

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I use a dowel rod to shape the wing and, as you pointed out, keep enough paper on for the ailerons. Its my favorite way to make wings for sure.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
For travellers from all over the world, Rajasthan has long been referred to as the golden region with the treasured culture. The expansive Great Indian Thar Desert is present in addition to the opulent palaces, forts, and Rajputana lords. The Thar Desert, sometimes called as the ship of the Desert, may be explored in its whole on a camel on a safari in Rajasthan. The safari also gives visitors the chance to enjoy the magic of a desert safari. The traveller has the option of a long safari lasting a few days in a Rajasthani hamlet or a shorter safari via a smaller village. A camel safari is extremely interesting and adventurous.

Is it just me, or is the forum being hit with a lot of spam lately?