I made a vlog...

Poor Man FPV

First try .. it might suck ... but I tried . The audio got kinda screwed when it got to you tube... but let me know if it was good....ok....or I should just stick to straight flying. Thanks alot.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not a bad first effort mate. Its always good to put faces to names you see and interact with on the interwebz. Just on thing I have to say in constructive criticism. Volume control.

This is usually where most videos fail. You start a video and the music comes on and nearly blows your speakers out. Then the talking starts and you cant hear a thing so you turn it up. then the music comes back on and you press the close button. Preview your videos on several different players before posting until you get an idea what levels should be at. Like on a computer, maybe burn a disk and play on a tv for the first few times. Or even make an mp3 of the sound file to check out on an ipod or something. Every video editing software I have seen has a way to manage sound at minimum for volume some has dsp filters to do other neat things with it as well.

This is usually done either by clicking on the audio track and setting data points to raise and lower volume, by an editable field to adjust levels in decibels (db) or a simple raise or lower by percentage method for each clip. You do this BEFORE final compiling on each and every track or clip you use. For god sake do NOT edit using beats headphones they are the worst thing ever for sound editing. Its all low end and speaking range frequencies comes out all wrong.

Poor Man FPV

Not a bad first effort mate. Its always good to put faces to names you see and interact with on the interwebz. Just on thing I have to say in constructive criticism. Volume control.

This is usually where most videos fail. You start a video and the music comes on and nearly blows your speakers out. Then the talking starts and you cant hear a thing so you turn it up. then the music comes back on and you press the close button. Preview your videos on several different players before posting until you get an idea what levels should be at. Like on a computer, maybe burn a disk and play on a tv for the first few times. Or even make an mp3 of the sound file to check out on an ipod or something. Every video editing software I have seen has a way to manage sound at minimum for volume some has dsp filters to do other neat things with it as well.

This is usually done either by clicking on the audio track and setting data points to raise and lower volume, by an editable field to adjust levels in decibels (db) or a simple raise or lower by percentage method for each clip. You do this BEFORE final compiling on each and every track or clip you use. For god sake do NOT edit using beats headphones they are the worst thing ever for sound editing. Its all low end and speaking range frequencies comes out all wrong.

oh yeah man .. i did it with my camera i record with and by the time it got to youtube the audio was crapped out.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah I have got to the point I have stopped watching certain people videos because they go crazy loud with the music and then you can never hear what they say. I have also stopped watching a few that have started putting ads dead smack in the middle of the video. I can handle one at the beginning if I really like the persons stuff but breaking up a good flight or a teaching moment is just plain wrong.

Cool dude, I would have liked to see the FPV footage. I just got a 16:9 FPV camera and neither my goggles or DVR records in 16:9 lol...

I agree about the volume, but I enable "Loudness Equalization" so I don't notice it much anymore. Anyone that want to do that should google it. Considering almost every video on youtube is a different volume it is well worth the effort.

I like the intro and logo a lot, did you make that yourself?

Jugsy

As Borg said, a bit of volume levelling and this is good to go... you have enough tone and inflection in your voice as well as the physical expression to keep it interesting, I'm sure you've seen videos where people sit motionless and talk to the camera as if it's their school principal.

I did notice a tongue click before you started speaking at least twice - watch some of Joshua Bardwell's earlier videos and you'll know what I mean - try and avoid the extra mouth noises :p

Poor Man FPV

Haha thanks for the positive feedback and criticism.
Socal I did make the poor man intro.
Dronz gave me their intro as I'm sponsored by them so thas hiwbi have that intro.
Thanks for watching guys. I think I'll stick to just flying mostly .

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nah man you got a good start. I think you could do well with more interaction. Just need to work out some editing bugs. I am struggling with all that myself atm. I have made more progress and once I can get some more interesting flights to work with Ill put em out there.

Don't stop cause of a few minor issues on your first attempt.