I was there!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I am amazed at how great the property looks after having so many people there just a few weeks ago.

I'll also never view an episode shot at Furey field the same way again. What an awesome time, and what great folks for letting us, and the FT crew utilize their property.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Based on the quality of the folks on the forum as compared to what I see on RCGroups, I am not surprised the FT folks left the land in good shape.

For all who attended, thank you for keeping the reputation of FT and flying hobbyists in mind.

TTMR

A leaf on the wind
Your welcome but I didn't keep anyone's reputation in mind, I just asked like the person my father raised me to be

Grumble lost rest of post I guess!

Ment to add something to the affect of, "just as I'm sure everyone else was, nobody was trying to be good, they were just good people"

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
BTW based on experience that field is tough on planes.

Killed my 60" Spitfire, moved the nose gear on the T-28 and roughed up the nose on my Bixler 2.
(Of course that could be the pilot.)

So looks like the Sukhoi is a strong bird.

earthsciteach

I was thinking the same thing, Fred. I found myself looking in the background for signs of wear and tear. Looks good from what I see on here. I'm guessing that behind the barn might be a rough area, though.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
And the truck that got stuck at 1AM! That was a fun project after the FT Flyer project.

I'm still amazed that guy calmly followed suggestions, and popped out on the first try without anyone getting more than their feet muddy. more often than not, it ends up more like a mudbogging with shouted directions (ignored) and a HEAUGE mess. rolled slowly back and left out of the rut, moved slowly along unborken grass to the asphalt . . . our second successful hand launch of the wee hours of the morning ;)

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I think for anyone there at FF was also looking around to see what kind of shape the property was in, and from what I can see it does indeed look great!

Happy that the Fureys let us be there and will never take that for granted.

Not sure I have said it, but thanks to the volunteers as well... It would have been a disaster without you guys. Can't wait to be a volunteer next year!

Mike

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I was thinking the same thing, Fred. I found myself looking in the background for signs of wear and tear. Looks good from what I see on here. I'm guessing that behind the barn might be a rough area, though.

I think the "worst" place that I could see, was where the main event tent was.

crash_n_laugh

Haha! I thought I was the only one pausing the video and looking in the background for wear patterns. The build tent and FT store are the only things I noticed.