Inverted landing and takeoff.

Here’s a suggestion for a challenge. Put wheels on the top of your wing. Then take off while right side up. Then fly inverted and land while inverted. Then take off inverted, and then land right side up

Bricks

Master member
Here’s a suggestion for a challenge. Put wheels on the top of your wing. Then take off while right side up. Then fly inverted and land while inverted. Then take off inverted, and then land right side up

if you are used to and fairly decent flying inverted it is not that difficult. My 3D foamies I will launch by hand inverted just for giggles and watching how others respond.

L Edge

Master member

You forgot about the rudder and the prop. It would tear off, mostly likely.

One that works good is a bipe. You strengthen the rudder and add a tail wheel on top and put another main gear on the upper fuse. Don't forget the prop has to clear the ground.

Thinking outside the box, build this one.

IMG_1146.JPG

It is built identical from flat plate outwards so it can be done rather easily as long as you don't get "dumb thumbs". Mine is called the "Other UP". Have a Stem student try that.

Last edited: