Just Saw This Video On US House In Congress Trying To End RC Flying

CatholicFlyer

I have considered flying in to the next meeting no joke. If I can get a time and place I will do my absolute very best to represent member of this hobby. I need some help finding out when the next one is and where. Does anybody know who I can call about showing up?

I don't know when the next one is, I would check with the AMA website or the FAA to see if they have a public schedule they have for meetings at Congress regarding the hobby.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm guessing most people only saw the sound bite clips and did not actually watch the whole video of the round table. (I was guilty at first) Clearly if they had, they would have seen the part of the discussion that starts around 1:47:30

Maybe we should all be looking at the big picture rather than just sound bites and just continue flying responsibly.

Last edited:

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I'm guessing most people only saw the sound bite clips and did not actually watch the whole video of the round table. (I was guilty at first) Clearly if they had, they would have seen the part of the discussion that starts around 1:47:30

I could only listen to about 30 seconds of that blathering idiot woman's response before shutting it off. Hurrah to the congressman for asking the question, but he got a snow job (listen closely, she went after the universal registration and transponder line in there yet again. She ain't backing down from this, and it's been the party line for three years now). It's typical FAA double-speak, and I've heard it from those people for my entire life. The only "confusion" that exists is on the FAA's own part because they can't even quote their own regs accurately (try that out on an FAA inspector sometime--they really don't know their own regs as well as we do, but they have authority to come after us).

Given the AMA's response, I think they did due diligence but made some newbie mistakes, namely, assuming that congressional meeting agendas actually mean something. Dumb on their part, but I've made that mistake too. It's further evidence that as has been said elsewhere in this thread, we need to have actual modelers at these meetings. Moreover, we need an AMA alternative which will provide a separate perspective. The other UAS groups have sold us out and are now voices for bigger government. We need more than one voice advocating for freedom.