Kwad Box / Drone Drop Subscription Services

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
It's been about a month since I've posted, but I couldn't leave you all wondering about the September Kwad Box:

Stickers
15% off Tiny Whoop (just in time for the season)
Three sets of HQ 5x4.8x3 V1S in light red (excited to try these)

boost - a Xhover Win 5 frame ($60) (wish it were a Stingy)
A 2.5mm driver
Injection molded RR skids for under your motors

A Hypetrain Motor tshirt

BankNYank!

Mentor
Kwad Box September
Hypetrain Tshirt
HQ 5x4.8x3 (red)
Rotor Riot motor skids
2.5mm driver
15% off Tiny Whoop coupon
Stickers
BOOST! Xhover Win 5 Racing Frame

Thank you French for keeping track of these every month and for posting photos! You rock!

-Mike (from kwadbox.com)

French

I’m thinking the Kwad Box Boost! this month will be motors, and I’m praying for Hypetrains!!!!

Kapper always said the goal of the boost was to provide parts over the course of the year, which when assembled made a complete quad. Hopefully motors are soon!

Previous Boost!s:
TBS escs
RunCam Micro Swift
Kiss FC
TBS Unify Pro HV and Triumph
ISDT Charger
Xhover frame

French

It’s Kwad Box Day!!! And there WERE motors :D, just not Hypetrains :(

Three sets of Gemfan 5042 triblades (blue)
Atmospheric Advenures battery strap
Prop removal foam to keep your hands from getting raw
Blacked out Kwad Box solder brass sponge

XHover 10% off - first one to PM me for the code can use it, I will not be using it.
Stickers

BOOST! four Chee Pass 2205 2300 motors. I’m not familiar with the branding, but the windings look nice and the magnets are strong. I just prefer 2206+ and higher kv. I may likely put these up in the For Sale forum soon.

Another sweet t-shirt

Once again, I’m very happy with the box. I updated the second post with the Kwad Box and Drone Drop from October. It just seems like the Kwad Box consistently beats out the Drone Drop. Of course it’s also nice to show Kapper some love.

Last edited:

French

Me either. Even the gurus at FPV Chat haven’t seen them. The nub on the top of the bell where the prop sits looks pretty unique. I checked Rotor Riot and XHover, no luck. I checked miniquad test bench, not tested. I went through pages and pages of Google image search for 2205s and nothing looks the same.

Last edited:

Liam B

Hmmm, those remind me of some DYS 2205 2100kv motors...

25F07148-4776-4AAE-BEAF-07CE5F314D8B.jpeg

Which ALSO come in 2300kv.

83A64C0D-0555-44A6-9596-0FDF5859CBEE.jpeg

Rebrand?

Last edited:

French

They are probably most similar to the DYS aesthetically, but they’re not the exact same. It’s highly likely they are rebranded from something. Still, even if they’re $13 motors they are worth more than the $40 subscription.

Liam B

They are probably most similar to the DYS aesthetically, but they’re not the exact same. It’s highly likely they are rebranded from something. Still, even if they’re $13 motors they are worth more than the $40 subscription.

Hmmm. Make me wonder. Maybe they’ll be competitors to the cheapo (but good) Emax Red Bottoms.

French

They’ll give me a good excuse to build another FT Sparrow or Super Bee.

Also, I finally flew then HQ 5x4.8x3s from the September Kwad Box and they’re fun. Tons of power. I normally take off from under an oak tree and fly out over an open area. Well, my normal little blip of throttle sent the quad into the branches. I totally wasn’t expecting it. It also felt like it took forever to fall from a punch out.

French

Kwad Box November
Fatshark fighter pilot t-shirt
Three sets HQ 5x5x3 V1S - black
1.5mm driver
10% off coupon to Pretty Fly FPV
TPU sma mount for a standoff
Stickers
BOOST! - Raceflight Revolt FC

Photos to come soon!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Here's a little more info on those CheePass motors. Also specs in the last product photo. Cheers!
https://www.kwadbox.com/products/cheepass-motor-2205-2300kv

Thanks for posting this - very handy to know what the unmarked mystery items they shipped actually were.

I ended up cancelling my subscription after that box.

Two main reasons (for anyone who cares). First I just don't fly / build / crash quads enough to go through the supplies at the pace they send them, and second I am done supporting a group that encourages/profits off dangerous and illegal stunts like the Canadian bridge diving video.

I was really uncomfortable continuing to support them after the Atlanta building dives last Thanksgiving, and wrote a couple emails to the organization about it. After their 'what we did to ensure safety' response video I did continue to support them through purchases & views.

But after that bridge video posting, and the complete lack of a mature response, I'm out. And for anyone who thinks it's a laughing matter, think about this man who was killed by stupid kids throwing rocks at cars from a bridge, and ask yourself if a quad hitting a windshield at highway speeds has a serious chance of causing an accident https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...rown-from-i-75-overpass-in-michigan-kills-man

French

I’m thinking that December may be my last box. I’m spending enough on my current fleet at the moment. I love the T-shirts and props, but I don’t need them. I just sent Psyborg a dozen sets of props and have about 35 sets still.

While I’d never attempt to dive a busy bridge, I’m personally not going to boycott Rotor Riot for doing so. I’m also not going to be critical if anyone else wants to boycott them, because they’re disgusted.

French

Sorry these took a while.

The shirt is my favorite yet. I’m actually wearing it right now.

French

December Kwad Box arrived just in time:

Chee Pass “cheap ass” Motors t-shirt
Three sets of DAL 5040C rebranded for Kwad Box
Nice long nosed pliers
Black wire loom
Stickers
BOOST! - Raceflight 4-in-1 esc