Lesson learned...... check your motor direction constantly

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
So I just finished my new ZMR250 frame build. Watched TJ set up the kombini and did the same on mine. Checked everything and like his two motors are backwards. Now for those of you getting the e pack from FT. Two things to know in Betaflight and about BlHeli. You have to turn oneshot off in order to use the included escs from the power pack. Second is you can not switch direction using the BlHeli program.
Back to my........... adventure......... Yea that's what I would call it. Well to get the cord out of my way on the small desk I moved the quad so the cord was hanging off the desk. Why is that important? Well because that spun the quad 180 degrees and that is how I checked the motor direction. My bonehead move caused me to switch the wrong motors and now every motor is moving the wrong way.....
I found this out when I took off for the maiden. You will see a quad like object spin out of frame. No it wasn't a UFO. So this morning I performed the rescue and captured it all on video. Hope you enjoy.
So CHECK YOUR MOTOR DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I just realized I forgot to say what e power pack I'm talking about. It's the basic package. No frills cheap power pack

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well on the plus side it has a really nice punch out :p

Glad you were able to recover your stuff and not fall outta the tree doing so. That was definitely and interesting FPV maiden. Just not what you wanted probably.