Linkage stoppers.. what why and how?

jtrops

I get my music wire at True Value Hardware it's pretty cheap there.... I put a z-bend in the servo end, and use a linkage stopper on the control surface end. I have never felt the need to adjust one after the initial setting but the idea of getting 2 z-bends in exactly the right place scares me :)

This is what I do as well. I did get some nylon clevises to try out spokes as pushrods, but I will still be using a z-bend on the servo control arm.

Bike spokes can be bought at most bike shops for anywhere from .50-2.00 depending on what kind. If you go to a better shop they might have cut old spokes out of a wheel, and they would just give those to you.

I've read many posts about using marking flag wire. This is the wire that holds up the little plastic flags used to mark gas and electric lines. You can get them at a home improvement store (Lowes/home depot).

RMDC

Are bike spokes going to require clevises and whatnot in order to engage with control horns? I'm really not interested in messing around with complicated control linkages or anything that spells quick as kwik at this stage in my hobby life, but at the same time I don't want to have to order expensive pushrod packs from FT. I've had a lot of difficulty finding marking flag wire or music wire in my area. None of the hardware stores or music stores carry them. If I can manage bike spokes with linkage stoppers, I'll be happy.

jtrops

They do make linkage stoppers that fit 2mm wire, and the center (long) section of butted spokes are usually 1.8mm (sometimes 1.5). So depending on your stoppers they may work. I have some small ones for the little pushrods for the mighty mini's at school. I will see if they accommodate spokes.

You could use a stainless steel clevis to connect to the control horn. From my perspective it would be about the same weight as the linkage stopper, and a much less complicated mechanism. I picked up the plastic ones, but if I decide that I like them I may get some metal ones.