Logan Foam Tools? Good / Bad / Ugly?

Brett_N

Hi Folks!

Just getting into the foamie revolution (my FT 3-in-1 and a Baby Blender kits are on the way!) Adding to the arsenal of things to Fly.....still working on the landings though :applause:

Figure I'll make some spares, then start building from plans.

Anyone have any experience with the Logan Foam tools? $100 from Amazon, looks like everything we could ever want for hand foam tools.

Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Logan-Graphi...rd_wg=fY8LS&psc=1&refRID=1E0Z79SVV30MJNJV3M6G

61Mm7UGnhjL._SL1033_.jpg

desert wings

Foam Fan
I love the Logan straight edge ruler/guide when using the standard straight and 45 degree tool. I have two of these and keep one for bevelling and one for all straight cuts. I have tried the v groove tool and it did not work well for me (instead use the 45 degree tool from each side). The tools are great for precise cutting depth's...complete, paper on one side, or score. For hinges, I cut a 90 degree to the bottom side paper and follow it with a perfect 45 bevel. The blades are good, and I make them last by dressing them up with a fine stone and leather strop. I don't cut any foamboard planes without using my Logan tools. All this being said I, I think the complete set is overkill.