Massachusetts

HilldaFlyer

As of now, I plan on going to Holden field Sat. April 9 about 8 am to see if I can maiden 2 planes and re-maiden a repaired plane. If you are AMA member, you are welcome to fly at our field. Alternatively, if nobody else in our MARIFTG (MA RI FliteTest group) is AMA member, we can plan on going elsewhere - any of the previous suggestions are fine as long as I can get there with GPS. Pick a location and go.

Right now the only uninviting aspect of the weather is the 14 MPH predicted wind. Usually I look on Thursday to get the hourly prediction and make a go / no go decision.

Yesterday morning would have been awesome... no wind but it started to sprinkle as I was looking at the sky in the morning before loading up. I called it off - and then it poured on and off all day. I built.

Rames

Count me in assuming the weather holds. I'm an AMA member and will be bringing at least three planes to maiden.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Count me in assuming the weather holds. I'm an AMA member and will be bringing at least three planes to maiden.

Alright, I got an AMA trial membership so I can join you guys. I have 2 planes to maiden and will bring some tried and true ones to have fun with. I should be there close to 8, drinking coffee. :)

captron360

Holden field

I have an AMA card
Count me in. I may have to work that morning. I have that a 2X Bloody Wonder to re-maiden.
Sounds like fun.

HilldaFlyer

Don't know if the weather is the same where you're at... here the snow is 3 inches deep and still coming down. :mad:
Hopefully the warm days to follow will melt it away.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
How are we looking, Hillda? Except for the piles from plowing, all the snow is gone in RI.

HilldaFlyer

Regarding the snow... about the same here... After the warm rain today I bet most, if not all, of the snow will be gone. What isn't looking so good is the drop in temperature for Sat. We're expected to be 30 degrees and calm - perfect wind but not the best temp to be comfortable.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Here are my thoughts. First - I am really excited to meet up and fly with you guys. I also would like for it to be a really good time. So, if you feel it will be miserable flying in freezing weather, there is no harm in postponing for better date. Why make something that is supposed to be fun into something miserable by forcing the date? Don't get me wrong, I am willing to go and give it a go, I just don't want a pre-arranged date be driving the festivities.

HilldaFlyer

I don't know about how you feel, but I'm finding the public forum a less that adequate communication for planning meetups - email in contacts

Provide your go / no go vote. Mine right now is GO.

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I don't know about how you feel, but I'm finding the public forum a less that adequate communication for planning meetups - email me

Provide your go / no go vote. Mine right now is GO.

You can also create events at ftgroups.com if you haven't tried already... I would otherwise join if I didn't already have plans on the 9th!

Direct link:
http://ftgroups.com/events/create

Also, I don't see a group in RI (hint hint)/Southeastern NE:
http://ftgroups.com/group/by-locations

I should also add that CRRC welcomes anyone to fly at our fields in Sudbury and Acton, MA:

Davis Field:
https://goo.gl/maps/6FmbLS6cHXF2

School St field Acton, MA:
https://goo.gl/maps/hkxQYP97hU72

AMA membership is required due to our agreement with the towns, but plenty of people who aren't members fly at both fields as well.

Last edited:

HilldaFlyer

Great - thanks for the info..

I heard about and was looking for FT groups but didn't see it. So I'll sign up there and see what happens.

HilldaFlyer

Mini FliteFest New England April 2016 Edition

I just started a thread for our mini flitefest NE. Fill free to add. My vids will take a bit of time to edit...
It was so great! Thanks for coming.
HilldaFlyer

HilldaFlyer

Welcome
I'm a member of QMFC and WRCF.
WRCF is pretty active in the summer and QMFC had indoor mini quad racing. Tons of fun.
WRCF is a little more up in your neighborhood, but QMFC just got a field in Danvers.

leitefrog

Good to know. There are plenty of good options. I live where Leominster, Sterling and Lancaster come together, so either club would be a good idea to join and learn from. I work in the Marlboro/Sudbury area, so both CMRCM and Charles River have near by sites too. The president of CMRCM works here too. Winter is building season, so I've printed of a few of the FT plans and will have at them.

Funny to see WRCF flies at Fitchburg Airport. As a kid, my neighbor flew his big gasser models there. I hadn't thought about that in a few dozen years.

-George

HilldaFlyer

We will have a WRCF meeting next Wednesday (at Fitchburg Airport). If you wan to come I can provide directions cause it is a bit weird entering an airport. You also have to be on time since it is secure and the gate is locked. Let me know.

leitefrog

Thanks for the offer. What time is "on-time"? I usually don't get home till after 8, so I think that would be the problem.

HilldaFlyer

yeah, that is a problem. meeting starts at 7 and I know they close the gates soon thereafter, but I don't know the process. I'll find out and let you know.
If you are wanting to come, I know that someone can come down and open the gate from the inside. I can find out if it is OK for someone to call and leave to open the gate.