Mexia Tx here Middle of Dallas and Houston

jlmartin

I am Joshua someone who has always been wanting to fly but never could till now I am working on trying to make a folding wing so that I can actually do some flying before I get in deep I have seen people fly those expensive airplanes and helicopters and that was when I first knew I wanted to learn. However, I cant afford those planes that is why I am glad for Scratch Builds. If there are any members near me let me know please.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
My company's home office is in Dallas and I live near Houston in a little place called Dayton. Not sure I've heard of Mexia before. I need to hit Google maps I guess...

OH! ok...about 3 hours from me. You are most of the way to Dallas!

Last edited:

devindied

SEL MEL CFI CFII MEI
Houston here as well. More East and South, like La Porte area but dayton isnt that far away

Valriman

Hi From Houston!

Houston here!! close to Bush park anyone goes there often to fly? what are your thoughts?

WWagner

You guys are the closest peeps I've found to me. I am just putting this out there to see if there are any pilots in the Odessa/Midland/Lubbock area. I may bring my planes with me when I come down to Houston in March. BTW I will come back through Waco/Mexia area on my way back home so who knows maybe we can hook up and drain a few batteries together.

WWagner

Sounds like a plan Nic. I was able to find the club here in Odessa and meeting the guys this weekend woohoo. If we meet up you have to bring the Franklins BBQ. :)

crash10

Mckinney Texas here , but Im not much help , trying to learn . Im pretty good at building the simple planes , just not good at keeping them in the air. So far its been fly for 1 to 5 seconds , repair , fly again for 1 to 5 seconds , repeat.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Welcome crash10! I am in the Arlington/DFW area if you are ever looking for someone to fly with or help get things in the air.

WWagner

I am Joshua someone who has always been wanting to fly but never could till now I am working on trying to make a folding wing so that I can actually do some flying before I get in deep I have seen people fly those expensive airplanes and helicopters and that was when I first knew I wanted to learn. However, I cant afford those planes that is why I am glad for Scratch Builds. If there are any members near me let me know please.

jlmartin
I just learned this past weekend there is a club in Waco near you I will try and get you some contact information. I know they have a big jet meet sometime in the summer. Let me see what I can find out.

shanetill254

I'm here in Eddy Texas